“Stunning sushi”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Kings Road/Old Church Street
Transit: South kensington/Sloane Square Tube Station. Bus routes 11,19,22,49,319
Description: sushinho (pronounced su-sheen-yo) is a combination of the word sushi, the well-known Japanese dish of raw fish, vegetables or pickles on seasoned rice and -inho, a uniquely Brazilian / Portuguese suffix meaning diminutive, younger. smaller. Brazil, is home to the largest population of ethnic Japanese living outside Japan, giving rise to the creation of Japanese dishes imbued with exotic Brazilian influences and ingredients. Celebrating this culinary fusion beloved of disceming Brazilians and foreigners alike, sushinho's menu and interiors will inject flavour, zest, warmth and spirit into central London's multi-faceted food and drink scene.
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

The sushi is absolutely excellent, as were the appetisers. The waiter was also charming and helped us order a good bottle of Chardonnay... The only downsides were that the tables were a little close together and of course when the bill came!

There are newer reviews for Sushinho

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The staff are great and the restaurant has a nice atmosphere and is well decorated.

The menu is difficult to read, it's not clear how to navigate around it. The food ranges from okay to bland. I left feeling unsatisfied, it's not often that I go to a restaurant and wish I'd stayed in. The wine list is over priced, probably something to do with the location.

Overall I thought this restaurant did not represent value for money, in fact I'm not sure I'd go back if I was paid. London has some really good sushi restaurants, this is not one of them in my opinion.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This restaurant just gets it right every time. We have eaten here a lot recently as we live nearby and have never been disappointed.
By now we have tried almost everything on the menu although there are always lots of specials too and we have never had a bad dish... always perfectly cooked and presented and tasty.
We love the Sushino rolls particlarly and the passion fruit dessert is amazing.
Definitely go !

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The fact that we’ve been here twice says a lot already. Both times, I’ve had a Coconut Martini and a Pork Salad + Sushi. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and the service is high quality. Hubby has replicated the Coconut Martinis at home and they are a big hit. If you love Asian Food and Brazilian food, this is a must try in London. I recommend making reservations if you want to stop by on a Friday or Saturday.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We went to this for lunch with a few colleagues. We had the three course lunch menu which was was a great combination. Starting with a Miso Soup, followed by some Sushi and finally moved on the picanha. The desert was also AMAZING (Passion Crumble) !!!