“So good I went twice in 3 days!”

Santorini Restaurant
Ranked #528 of 23,866 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Excellent little restaurant a stones throw from both Bayswater and Queensway tubes. The staff are friendly, the menu is simple yet varied and the food is delicious. A true taste of Greece here in London. I particularly recommend the octopus!

2  Thank Tank8637

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My excellent review goes for both really tasty and authentic tasting food (that's coming from a Greek who's mum is an excellent cook!), but also for very genuinely helpful service from the whole team. All the dishes that we tried starters & main courses were great tasting with their Greek version of Coque au vin (kokoras kokkinistos) being the star on our table.
All that reasonably priced, too! Definitely a come back!

2  Thank Anna N
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I visited the Taverna on Orthodox Easter Day, and I wanted to find traditional dishes from my home country. Indeed, I found Lamb Souvlas and other Greek specialities like tzatziki, keftedes and saganaki which were delicious. The Taverna was full of Greek people, with Greek music and it felt like home. I would recommend it to everyone. Although, I must admit that the prices are high. (30-35 pounds per person)

5  Thank arekwarzycha
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I chose this restaurant from the excellent reviews it has received on here and have to say I agree. My husband and I chose the Meat Menu. There were so many dips there was almost no room on the table. The olives were the nicest I have ever had. The Greek salad was very fresh with fresh, plump feta. The courgette rissoles were exceptional as was the spartan sausage. Then the meat plate arrived! I am not a big fan of lamb cutlets but these were divine. Sadly I didn't feel great so couldn't eat as much as normal but what I did eat was wonderful. And priced at £20.50 per person is unbelievable value for money in London. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming and coped very well considering how busy it was being Greek Orthodox Easter.

4  Thank SmokyLu
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went yesterday for a Greek Orthodox Good Friday family meal. Very very busy so I am not marking the slow (but consistently polite) service and the fact that parts of our vegetarian menu arrived with long intervals and spanakopita never actually made it to our table. I am marking the food and willingness to please which were much above average for Greek food in London. I evaluate Greek restaurants on the quality of their ingredients: the fresh tomatoes and olives at Santorini were extremely tasty and high quality, none of the cardboard tomato and tin olives you find at other establishments. Portions were huge, and very good value. Gemisti (stuffed) tomato served with strained Greek yoghurt very well executed with the twist of basmati rice a nice alternative to the short-grain normally used in Greece. Yoghurt excellent. Overall a great night!

3  Thank mgThessaloniki