Pillars of Hercules
Review Highlights
Cocktails Saturday evening

Found this little bolthole in Soho, friendly and helpful staff, good atmosphere and fab cocktails... read more

Reviewed November 26, 2018
Julia H
Modesto, California, United States
via mobile
Expensive drinks, cocktails seemed to be good

Was there with a Stag group, which they seemed to cope well with. The cocktails looked to be OK but... read more

Reviewed October 29, 2018

from $46.47
from $79.67
from $112.86
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 27, 2017

A splendid pub with excellent service, great music and terrific vibrancy as the clientele "wound down" at the end of the day. Drinks are reasonably priced as well.

Reviewed November 26, 2016

the new manager of the pillar of herules is very rude and ignorance.
Horrible person very dirty with all his friends
he was in the bar drinking and drinking.
The pub is not the same anymore i'm very sad about that..

5  Thank batmanforever34
Reviewed November 15, 2016

We held our pub quiz at the Pillars in the basement and it was great. The bar was efficient and drinks all decent quality. The food was better-than-expected comfort food and the staff were amazingly helpful and friendly.

There was one glitch which was that the guaranteed bar take was actually a non refundable deposit. So effectively we'd opened a tab. We got round that by having people pay us rather than the pub for the first £250 worth of food and drink but that was pretty cumbersome and they'll have to revise that system.

Nevertheless we'll go again for our next quiz.

1  Thank Bob N
Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

There's a good pint of beer to be had here. Great decor , historic in nature. There are pillars to the side supporting the building over an alley. Very friendly staff.
The loos are down in the vowels of the earth. Smokers area at the front of the establishment.

1  Thank lobster64
Reviewed September 17, 2016

This was a pub that used to be my 'local' for lunchtimes when I worked in my first advertising agency in Soho Square. Frequently revisiting after (1979-81) decades leads to disappointment for dreams no longer there.
I met a friend there this trip as it was a place I remembered and near an easy underground station for him (Tottenham Court Road) and I would be in the West End.
The good news was it was almost like I had just popped out from Austin Knight (though that building was under refurbishment) for a lunchtime jar.
The essence seemed to remain, though I doubt if Clive James and his book reviewing chums still use the place. One never knows. Inside one very dotty lady came and sat making eyes at the few of us who were clearly uncommonly early so while it was a little unsettling it would seem she was a local eccentric, so all was well.

2  Thank ahpincis