“Nice looking restaurant”

8:00 PM
OR
Order Online
Ranked #1,684 of 28,601 Restaurants in London
Description: Florentine is an all-day dining restaurant and bar minutes from London South Bank's trendy Lower Marsh and Waterloo, opposite Lambeth North tube station. Opening in Spring 2017, Florentine serves a Brasserie-style menu with a focus on flatbreads cooked in a wood-fired oven and our signature Ostrich egg dishes. Our bar features the best of British bubbles and craft beers as well as a range of event
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were staying in the hotel for 3 nights and thought we would eat here the first night as the reviews were good. The restaurant looks lovely and we got a table immediately. We just ordered burgers and chips and the burgers were nice enough, but the chips were some of the worst we had ever had. Neither of us ate the chips as they were tasteless and rubbery. We were asked by 2 staff how the food was and we told both what we thought of the chips, but one responded with Ok and the other said she would tell the kitchen. No further comments, no further communication, no apology, nothing. Rather dissapoining on the customer service front. Maybe we were unlucky with our food choice, but we did notice that the table next to us didn't eat their chips either. Felt rather dissapointed that our complaints were ignored and didn't return to eat there.

Date of visit: September 2019
Angela S, Manager at Florentine Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear theoldbarns,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed to hear you that you were unimpressed with the service. Could you please email me directly so that I can further investigate this booking for you. My email address is asaid@pphe.com.

Restaurant & Bar Manager

Write a reviewReviews (224)

Reviewed August 29, 2019

This is the restaurant of the Park Plaza London Waterloo so whilst residing there, it was the perfect restaurant at the end of a hectic day around London. Well staffed and always offering a service with a smile, we were really made to feel welcome at all times at this place and must have dined and lunched here repeatedly during our one-week long stay. We tried several dishes, the best I would say being the Sunday roast beef, the mushroom soup as well as the flatbread. And last but not least, if you're here, do not miss their desserts, by far the best I've ever tasted, notably the tiramisu, the pannacotta and the cheesecake, my mouth waters just at the thought. All the waiting staff were very friendly and professional and go out of their way to make sure you're happy. With the family getaway package of the hotel itself, the kids eat for free when adults order a main course each. The kids' menu had a lovely selection too and includes ice cream after the meal. My son loved the gnocchi and the burger which I admit was really tasty. There is a 12% service charge to the bill which seems to be a common thing in the area but, having said that, we were only too happy to pay it because the service was tip top with waiting staff that is professional and well-trained for the job. They were also sensitive and well-informed regarding allergy issues and that is paramount.

Date of visit: August 2019
Angela S, Manager at Florentine Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear PriscillaZ,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic feedback. We are delighted to hear your lovely comments about the food and our team. We really do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

When I checked in to the hotel and needed to unwind I walked into the Florentine restaurant. I was greeted by Michele at the bar who was outstandingly helpful and was great to speak with. He understood the drinks I wanted and knew exactly how to prepare them without measuring. Not only was he attentive to me but was able to multitask and take care of the other patrons. Michele is an excellent bartender with exceptional customer service skills. I highly recommend the Florentine but I absolutely urge people to be helped by Michele who will take care of you. I have been staying at the hotel for 3 out of 6 days and been at the Florentine every night so far and Michele has been there like a fixture always ready to quench my alcoholic needs. If you are in the area and need some drinks or food visit the Florentine and ask for Michele he will make great drinks in a flash and take great care of you!

Dear MarcEncar,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback. We are so pleased to hear you had an unforgettable experience at Florentine. Thank you for your kind words about Michele and we will share your lovely comments with him.

We really look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2019 via mobile

Me and my Family stayed 4 nights at Radison Park Plaza Waterloo and used this restaurant several times for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. The crew working either day or night were fantastic. Superb service, always a smile and food served was always tasty and well prepared.

Date of visit: August 2019
Angela S, Manager at Florentine Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Hi PaalErik77

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are so pleased to hear you were impressed with our service and team. We really do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed July 20, 2019

Nice interior inside the restaurant, 10-15min walk from waterloo. Attentive service. Food is good, but slightly expensive for what you get. Nice cocktails!

Date of visit: May 2019
Angela S, Manager at Florentine Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

Hi Ivyll502

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are so pleased to hear you were impressed with our décor, location, team and cocktails. We really do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.