I chose this hotel for a one night stay for a theatre trip in September. Wanted a good location after recently staying in Shoreditch (avoiding central London prices) and finding the Shoreditch area a bit grotty and full of "characters" late at night. The location of the Boltons is great - a quiet residential street with other B&Bs/hotels, but a very short walk from Earls Court tube and shops (inc many chains: Byron Hamburger, M&S Simply Food, Costa, Cafe Nero, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Zizzis, Wagammas, plus lots of independents). Perfect! Also brilliant if you're visiting an event at Earls Court.
The room we were given was on the lower ground floor, amongst a bit of a rabbit warren of corridors and rooms. Our room had a window onto an internal light well, so could have had a better aspect, but this was fine for one night. The furniture/decor was all a very high standard - very clean and of good quality. The bathroom had a spacious corner shower, large basin and toilet. All very high spec. Tea and coffee making facilities were provided (tray in wardrobe) with good quality beverages on offer.
Staff on the front desk were friendly and helpful, not that we had cause to ask them very much, but still it was nice to be greeted with a smile and a hello when you return to your room etc. This was refreshing after so many hotel staff don't even give you the time of day. We didn't have the breakfast (an additional £10pp when not included in the room rate), as we thought we'd just get something from M&S, but unfortunately the store just round the corner from the hotel doesn't open until 12pm on a Sunday so we would have had to wait a while to buy something!
All in all, a very pleasant stay. I would definitely stay again when visiting London, but would request a room on an upper floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining Victorian charm with Modern Luxury The 4* Best Western The Bolton's Kensington is a modern oasis of peace in the conservation area of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. Fully Refurbished in 2012 to incorporate modern simplicity and functionality with Victorian charm Best Western The Bolton's Hotel London Kensington with 56 fully Air conditioned en suite bedrooms, complimentary High Speed WIFI throughout, a welcoming Restaurant serving a decadent breakfast is the place for the discerning traveller looking for great value for money. Ideally located just around the corner from Earls Court underground station, within easy reach of some of London's most prestigious shopping areas such as High Street Kensington and Knightsbridge to the many attractions of London such as the Natural History and the Science museum just off our door step making the Best Western The Bolton's Hotel London Kensington the ideal location for your visit to London. Book directly with us and start your day with a great English breakfast on the house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western The Boltons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western The Boltons Hotel London
- Best Western London
- London Best Western
- Best Western The Boltons London, England