I was pleasantly surprised, upon my arrival at the Boltons, to be placed into a rather large "family room." My experience in London hotels had lead me to suspect that we would be rather cramped but, instead, our room, which I shared with my elderly parents, was quite big and included a small couch, a wardrobe with lots of space for storage and a large bathroom. We had ample room for our luggage (which was considerable after three weeks of travel) and our London purchases. The beds were clean and comfortable and the rest of the room was kept rather well and included the standard tea and coffee-making equipment.
We did not elect to purchase breakfast from the hotel but instead obtained morning meals from the numerous establishments just around the corner. There is a Pret handy as well as a few American fast-food chains and a Marks & Sparks Simply Food which allowed us to purchase some basic necessities to have on hand. The tube station is no more than a block away and is serviced by the Piccadilly line which leads directly into central London and offers easy access to most tourist destinations. All lines are accesible by ramp and elevators which was great for my mother who had some mobility issues during our stay. (This also made it especially easy to lug seven pieces of heavy luggage to Heathrow at the end of our trip.)
The front-desk staff had a bit of a mix-up at check-in but righted the mistake quickly and we had little difficulty after that. They were helpful when we made small requests and check-out was easy and contained no surprises. Overall, I would be most happy to stay here again as this was a clean, convenient, quality space in one of London's popular neighborhoods. Rooms are a bit on the pricey side but no more so than what you would find in any other large city. The Boltons offers nothing spectacular but it provides a good base to explore or work in London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining Victorian charm with Modern Luxury The 4* Best Western The Bolton's Kensington is a modern oasis of peace in the conservation area of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. Fully Refurbished in 2012 to incorporate modern simplicity and functionality with Victorian charm Best Western The Bolton's Hotel London Kensington with 56 fully Air conditioned en suite bedrooms, complimentary High Speed WIFI throughout, a welcoming Restaurant serving a decadent breakfast is the place for the discerning traveller looking for great value for money. Ideally located just around the corner from Earls Court underground station, within easy reach of some of London's most prestigious shopping areas such as High Street Kensington and Knightsbridge to the many attractions of London such as the Natural History and the Science museum just off our door step making the Best Western The Bolton's Hotel London Kensington the ideal location for your visit to London. Book directly with us and start your day with a great English breakfast on the house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Best Western Boltons Hotel London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western The Boltons Hotel London
- Best Western London
- London Best Western
- Best Western Boltons Hotel London Kensington England