“Good Hotel, Convenient Location, Fair Price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Boltons Hotel London Kensington

Best Western Boltons Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #476 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Nashville, TN
“Good Hotel, Convenient Location, Fair Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised, upon my arrival at the Boltons, to be placed into a rather large "family room." My experience in London hotels had lead me to suspect that we would be rather cramped but, instead, our room, which I shared with my elderly parents, was quite big and included a small couch, a wardrobe with lots of space for storage and a large bathroom. We had ample room for our luggage (which was considerable after three weeks of travel) and our London purchases. The beds were clean and comfortable and the rest of the room was kept rather well and included the standard tea and coffee-making equipment.

We did not elect to purchase breakfast from the hotel but instead obtained morning meals from the numerous establishments just around the corner. There is a Pret handy as well as a few American fast-food chains and a Marks & Sparks Simply Food which allowed us to purchase some basic necessities to have on hand. The tube station is no more than a block away and is serviced by the Piccadilly line which leads directly into central London and offers easy access to most tourist destinations. All lines are accesible by ramp and elevators which was great for my mother who had some mobility issues during our stay. (This also made it especially easy to lug seven pieces of heavy luggage to Heathrow at the end of our trip.)

The front-desk staff had a bit of a mix-up at check-in but righted the mistake quickly and we had little difficulty after that. They were helpful when we made small requests and check-out was easy and contained no surprises. Overall, I would be most happy to stay here again as this was a clean, convenient, quality space in one of London's popular neighborhoods. Rooms are a bit on the pricey side but no more so than what you would find in any other large city. The Boltons offers nothing spectacular but it provides a good base to explore or work in London.

Room Tip: If you need a family room - ask for the one on the main floor which has lots of extra space!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank domer2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

.The reason I chose the Boltons, was its close proximity to Earl's Court where I was attending a trade fair, and Earl's Court for what is is, it's not the nicest neighboorhoud of London, So,I was pleased with the Bolton's, a 4 star hotel in a straat where most other hotesl would deserve a maximum of 1,5 or 2 stars. I would really grade it 4 stars, more a 3 star PLUS. I had a room on the -1 level with only a small window, a really small window looking on a staircase. Anybody with some bad intentions actually could get inside my room If I would choose to let the window open a bit. The rooms was of course very small, like most london hotels in those kind of houses, but it was ok, I was able to get around and do what I had to do without too much hassle.
I am sure you can find better deals in london for 140£ a night, but its close to Earls Court, that was the bonus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Liteworker
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have just returned from a two day stay at this hotel and I must say I was pleasantly suprised.
I was a little apprehensive as I had booked a single room and I thought that the room and bed would be quite small, but I had nothing to be worried about. I stayed in room202 on the second floor and I had adequate room for a single person. The bed was ok very comfortable, I had a goodnights sleep.
The hotel is located in a great location. In zone 1, so easy to access all the sights around london...2 minutes walk to Earls Court tube station, which is on the Piccadilly and District lines and good bus routes no.74 Bus - which can take you from Baker Street, Marble Arch, Knightsbridge, Victoria & Albert Museum - A good range of resturants,pubs, shops are within a few minutes walk from the hotel.

The staff were all very polite, professional and helpful.

I hope to return in the future and look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bettyboop809
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at the boltons hotel in december 2011 and now i've just returned from another four night stay in december 2012. The hotel is has outstanding front desk service and denisa excels at courtesy and knowledge of attractions in the neighborhood. Their breakfast is very good. They treat all their customers like family.
My room could use refurbishment however. The carpets needed cleaning and the walls needed cleaning but i was still satisfied with the accommodations.
I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Davidphx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Good location 2 mins walk from Earls Court tube station. Nice rooms, although I didn't have a glass to drink water from. Room was very small. The breakfast room is awful, so small and cramped, they advertise an English breakfast but didn't have bacon. I would certainly not go back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Ben M
Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Yes, its clean, warm, convenient location, very friendly staff, comfy bed (not so comfy pillows though), fast WiFi, good breakfast and generally a very positive place to spend your days in london. Highly reccomend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Despina8125
MACPOP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Really good hotel, rooms are ok in size, very very warm though!!!!! Even in December you don't need warm pj's or an extra blanket.

Staff at reception helpful & friendly.

Rooms very clean & well equipped.

Very short walk from Earls court tube station with plenty of shops, bars & restaurants around.

The only thing that lets this hotel down is breakfast! The breakfast itself was good, plenty of choice but the breakfast room was shocking! I have never seen such a tiny room to cater for this size hotel before! I believe the hotel has 57 rooms but the breakfast room has about 9 tables, no where near enough! We stayed for 2 nights & had breakfast both mornings & had to wait over half an hour both times for a table!!!! The was constantly a queue for a table, not good if your In a rush!
The whole set up was dangerous with the kitchen door opening out towards the hot food so if you were collecting your fry up you were being knocked by the door as staff came through with hot tea etc.
There were never enough crockery, plates or glasses & we had to constantly ask for them, at one point having to share a knife & plate between 2 people as they didn't have anymore!
There was hardly any food as I think the kitchen just couldn't keep up with the amount of people eating, it was not an enjoyable eating experience!
The staff did they're best but we're so busy that they forgot to give us simple things like a folk to eat or a spoon for my tea, or they'd give me a pot of tea but I had to ask 3 times for some milk!!!! I think that they had too much to do!
One of my friends then found a long dark hair (we're both blonde) in her breakfast & that finished us off!

Apart from the breakfast situation it's a good hotel but breakfast is a diabolical situation & does not give you a good start to your day!

• Stayed December 2012