All reviews inverness terrace building number kensington gardens and hyde park bayswater station kitchenette
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

This was a very central apartment 5-10 mins from Central and Circle lines, Queensway and Bayswater stations. I was at bit confused as the reception is at no 55, but check in was efficient and professional once I found it. The flat was clean, modern and functional. The showers and towels were clean and hot. There was some wear on the fixtures and fittings with very limited utensils - 2 frying pans and one large casserole only. No spatular or plug and no cleaning cloths or fluids. The area was safe and multicultural - we liked the small village vibe of the high street 5 mins away with everything you could need all round the tube station! We had a good sleep in a comfy and quiet situation, but there is some pretty significant noise from the restaurant extraction set-up opposite. We use ear plugs, however, so we slept soundly. We had a ground floor flat with a nice little balcony ( too cold to sit out sadly)Check-out was a very sensible 11am too! This is clean, safe and convenient , no frills at a good price for right next to Kensington gds/ Hyde park. We would stay again :-)

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Upon checking in, the reception gave us choices to choose room either from basement, 3rd or 4th floor. Check in was done by my partner. There were no elevator in building 77 where we stayed. As we have 2 heavy lugguges, we decided to choose basement room instead of room on 3rd or 4th floor. The reception also assured us that the room at basement are all sightly bigger. Upon entering the room, there were smell of sewage. I went back to the reception and requested for a change of room. He then told me that there were no other rooms available.
As we had paid full for 5 nights stay and it is non refundable, we had no choice but to endure the horrible smell. Each time we came back to our room, we had to open the window to air the room for at least 1 hour. The smell was so bad that even our clothing stained of the smell, despite spraying the whole room with perfumes daily. Floor was very sticky and dusty. Bar soap from previous guests wasn't cleared in the bathroom.
Overall size of the room is ok.
Location wise is very convenient. Close to Bayswater train station and Queensway station. Tesco & Sainsbury just around the corner within 1 min walk. Alot of halal restaurants and Asian cafes within 2 mins walk.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank SyaDyke
Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel at the specified checkin time. We were being told we need to wait for couple of hours as the rooms weren't ready. We were not informed about this prior. Poor service.
When we arrived for check in after 2 hours we were being told that the executive rooms are not available instead we were given studio apartment. When we tried to ask for an executive apartment as we had booked it online he said our studio apartments are very good and there were ni executive rooms available. But we had paid for an executive apartment. He didn't refund or even apologise for this mistake. After a long wait the reception desk was rude, inconsiderate and arrogant. Moreover he handed over incorrect keys to us and directed to an incorrect building. This was frustrating after waiting for a long time with improper communication and my 6 year old was too tired.
Other flaws in the apartment/ studio.
1. The rooms had no proper working heaters
There was just one small heater which wasn't sufficient as it wasn't working properly.
2. Water in the shower was cold (even the other customers were complaining about it)
3. Dust in the room ( my 6 year old and all of us have dust allergy hence it was a horrible long night for us)
4. Kettle was flithy
5. Cups and plates were chipped
6. Toilets were not clean and awful
7. The kitchen sink and the table tops were not cleaned.
8. The microwave was not clean

I reckon the housekeeping team did a rush job to get all the rooms ready.

Overall an horrible experience with improper, rude, untrained reception desk. Plus my 6 year old and we all suffered healthwise due to the unclean room. Only thing was good that we only had to spend one night there.
Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone especially when travelling with kids.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Prash H
Reviewed December 16, 2017

Stayed here for a pre Christmas break following a booking amendment by Agoda. The location is excellent as very close the Queensway shops and Underground train services are brilliant as you have easy access to Queensway station on the Central Line and Bayswater Station on the Circle and District Lines. Were supposed to be able to book in at 2 p.m. but there was a 25 minute delay as our apartment was not ready. Strangely you book in at 55 Inverness Terrace and then walk to your apartment at 77 Inverness Terrace. The apartment we had was on the top floor and was adequate for our requirements. Positives were a decent sized room with fridge, cooker and cupboard space and bed but with only one bedside cabinet. Negatives were poor availability of kitchenware and a very thin duvet on a lumpy bed. TV was decent although when it rained on our first day the picture and sound was very temperamental but after that it was fine as no more rain. The only one real disappointment was the grubbiness of the bathroom around the tiling areas and no plug for the sink. It surely does not take much to replace a missing plug. Would certainly stay here again but only if the price was £50 or under as not worth paying anymore. The establishment has the advantage of being in a very nice area of London close to Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park with very good shops less than 200 yards away in Queensway. A word of warning as we recorded 78 steps from the ground floor to our room on the top floor and with luggage this is hard work.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank itfc2007
Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

After reading the reviews of this place before I had booked it I was quite worried due to the negative comments.

Arrived to check in and our room wasn’t ready but check in wasn’t till 2pm and we were 2hours early. People at reception were lovely no hassle to put our bags in so we could go a walk.

On returning we were told our room was ready and it was in another building number 81 (walking distance 2min) We stayed in room 9D very top floor. Very clean room super comfy bed nice bathroom small but everything you need for a 3night stay. It was called a superior room and we loved it. Nice and clean and we will definitely be back. Shower was great also warm water all the time. If I was to be picky I think a dimmer switch would be better due to no lamps etc but that’s it. For the money too I think it was great plus the location was ideal. Free WiFi also which worked every time.

If anyone is looking to book I would recommend building number 81 as I think a lot of rooms have been renovated.

A lot of negative comments but genuinely I couldn’t fault it. Me and my wife will definitely be back.

Thank you for a great stay.

Date of stay: November 2017