“Excellent and retro!”

Bob Bob Ricard
Ranked #448 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Russian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Bob Bob Ricard serves a luxury English and Russian menu to its eclectic clientele in London's most glamorous all-booth dining room.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Great Russian restaurant in Soho. Food was excellent and the Sancerre wine was a good choice! Dined here before a show and the food/service were impeccable. As we were running late the restaurant staff flagged down a cab in seconds! Will definitely dine here again! Oh and the booths were very retro.........with the 'press here for champagne' button a cool feature!

1  Thank Susanne K

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went here for my birthday, having had a recommendation from a couple of friends. It has since thumped right into the number 1 slot as my favourite restaurant in London. Wonderful decor - the Art-Deco-meets-Imperial-Russia feel is wonderful, as are the private booths (and what other restaurant has a 'Press For Champagne' button at your table?). Fabulous, attentive but not obsequious service.

Starting out with a rhubarb gin and tonic (husband) and a salted chocolate Martini for me, we spent ages drooling over the menu.
The food was just amazing - supremely rich three cheese soufflé, sticky and crisp pork belly and finishing up with the BBR Chocolate Glory which...well, I won't spoil it for you. My husband, who's vegan and thus finds fine dining a challenge, had the truffled vareniki and the Humble Pie, which I'm assured were amazing.

We enjoyed a very delicious Malbec which was very attractively priced (indeed the wine list made a feature of how reasonably priced much of their selection is compared to other, perhaps more famous, restaurants) and overall had a wonderful time. Compare and contrast to last year's birthday, which was spent at Murano, cost twice as much and wasn't nearly so good.

I would strongly recommend this place to everyone; now that the menu has changed a little, I'm looking for a reason to revisit.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

From the decor and atmosphere to the fantastic vodka served at -18 degrees to the great food, there is nothing to dislike about this modern Russian restaurant tucked away behind Piccadilly Circus. I WILL go back again!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

When looking for a top-class early evening eatery in London's West End, The Ivy was always top of my list. Not any more, and that's not because The Ivy has gone down hill, it hasn't, it's simply because Bob Bob Ricard is right up there in comparison. They accommodated our split arrival times, served us with their heavenly rhubarb gin & tonics on arrival and showered us with consideration and service that you only get in the very best restaurants around the world. The little lobster dumplings and herb-encrusted lamb was cooked perfectly and the venison burgers a quirky and tasty variation on a theme. Desserts were out of this world and there is a depth to the menu that panders to all culinary vices. The decor is amazing and compliments the overall dining experience. No, it's not inexpensive, but then quality never is, and what Bob Bob Ricard does is what The Ivy has been doing for years, providing a top-tier dining experience that leaves you feeling just that little bit special.

1  Thank Alan M
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We made reservations to eat at BBR for our anniversary dinner while vacationing in London on Friday August 30th. The staff was professional and friendly, the service was quick and the food was absolutely AMAZING!
My husband tried the vodka shot served at -18 degrees C. I had a fantastic drink whch included vodka, stawberry, rose and sauvignon blanc wine. We then started with the three cheese souffle-very tastey!
We both had the beef wellington which is the best that we've ever had. My husband had the truffle mashed potatoes as a side dish and I had the lobster mashed potatoes as a side dish. We definitely could have just shared the one side instead of getting one a piece. I was jealous of this truffled mashed potatoes the flavor went so great with the wellington!!!
For dessert, my husband got the trio of creme brulee and I ordered the signature chocolate glory! OMG! What a way to end the evening! As if it wasn't fabulous enough, the staff completely topped the night when they brought a mini ice cream cake with a sparkler to wish us a happy anniversary! Too bad we were completely stuffed at that point, but we each did take 1 bite (couldn't let it go to waste!)
We would definiely recommend anyone to go to Bob Bob Ricard's if you want delicious food, great service and a roantic, classy night out.

1  Thank Asheysmommy2005