“Free stuff is great”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Description: Declared a "modernist Alice In Wonderland-esque watering hole, complete with China teacups, stuffed animals and foliage" by Harpers Bazaar, the Hoxton Pony is already synonymous with decadence and a smidgen of anarchy, and has long been the number one destination for the cool.Their food menu is designed in partnership with The Rebel Dining Society, one of London's most talked about supper clubs. See the food section of the website for the full menu. Innovative dishes are created using only the freshest locally sourced ingredients.After your meal, why not stay for a cocktail and a dance? Our house nights cater to all tastes, from cutting edge acts slinking in for a session on Fridays, to internationally renowned DJs tearing the place apart on a Saturday. Their new Thursday night It's Your Birthday is also guaranteed to get you in the mood for dancing, with cake and cocktails galore.Our expert bartenders use UK-sourced organic and sustainable ingredients to create a cocktail menu that reflects the seasons - expect to sip drinks infused with tart rhubarb in April, loganberries in July and pears and quince in October. Amongst the drinks available at The Hoxton Pony are cocktails served from self-cooling infusion jars into bespoke tea cups - book 24 hours ahead and you can enjoy a full blown Tea Party with sweet and savoury food served on an afternoon tea stand.
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Love the staff here! They really know their stuff. A midweek after work drink turned into a bit of a bar crawl, ending here. The 241 was over but the barman was charming and offered us free shots to make up for it. Really friendly too. A fun place, would like to see it as a club soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Came here for my 18th the other day and it was truly amazing. Such a good way to spend my night. Although very over priced, it was worth it. Such a good night and such an amazing venue. Thank you so much.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had heard good things about this place so I called to arrange an office gaggle of girl's night out!
When I called up, the lady was very helpful and suggested we try the Pony Tea Party.
Basically they serve an infusion jar of cocktail (which you pour yourself into vintage tea cups from the jar's tap) along with a cake stand of delicious cupcakes, kitsch finger sandwiches and little profiteroles.
The service was excellent, the cocktails we ordered afterwards were so lovely (think rose petals and vintage jars) and we stayed for the whole evening dancing to the resident DJ.
I never write reviews however, I really felt the need to due to some bad reviews I have read on this page.
Believe the hype - it really is a gem!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I booked a table here on Friday for a party of 4 at 8:30pm. The music was already pumping and so straight away it was obvious that this is not a place to come for food even early on a Friday - the four of us had to shout at each other to be heard. We were shown to a table straight away, but 15 minutes after our food orders were taken we were told that they were no longer serving food as it was "too busy in the club". I asked to speak to a manager but one didn't arrive, instead we were sent multiple Sambuca shots which did nothing for us as we'd all had small lunches expecting a big dinner. The waitress was smiling and laughing throughout and seemed to think that it was funny...

Over an hour later ordering 2 pizzas turned up which we hadn't ordered but were told "that's it". We ate them as we were all now hungry and needed something to line our stomachs.

We decided to go downstairs to dance and so I tried for 20 minutes to pay the bill - after being told multiple times that someone would be with me (but didn't turn up) I got the coats and joined the queue for the cloak room. After 15 minutes I was still in the cloakroom queue when a waitress turned up and accused me of trying to leave without paying! Disgusting really - I was stood in the queue to the cloakroom with jackets in my arms! To top it all off I was charged about £60 for the slow service of food that I hadn't even ordered!

We did stay for 10 minutes to dance but the basement dance floor was full of around 70-80% guys who wouldn't take no for an answer, constantly grabbing my friends despite them saying no. This was all with the bouncers watching on but doing nothing.

Ultimately a real disappointment. I had heard a lot about this place but it's definitely not a food venue - they've got a tiny menu and, as can be seen by other reviews on here, the food often seems to not even materialise!

1  Thank CrazyMiner
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Me and a friend accidentally came here on Friday night during the peak hours but we had to stay for at least 1 drink because of the music. I had to wait at the bar for 5 minutes but a young moustacioed guy covered in tattos behind the bar greeted me while he was serving the people infront of us and made us laugh when he made our drinks, I cant remember what I had but the bartender suggested it and it was LUSH! I came back again on purpose on Saterday but I couldnt find the same bartender; I think his name was Dan. I will deffo be back.