“Surprisingly good”

Tue, 7/23
8:00 PM
Ranked #2,788 of 28,204 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: A modern cafe with handsome bars and a diversity of spaces that evolve throughout the day. The international menu has a contemporary and relaxed approach, offering healthy choices for every day, with plenty of naughty stuff on there too.
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Walked in on a Sunday after sightseeing. Slightly unusual menu. But the food we ordered was really well made and delicious. Not cheap but good quality.

Reviewed May 21, 2019

We popped in here for brunch while en route to Wembley and the Cup Final! It proved the perfect location and there was a great atmosphere even at 11.30 am, with several (admirably restrained!) hen parties already underway. We were shown to our table upstairs by the charming Karolina (who I think is Czech!) and I sipped a glass of fresh orange juice while perusing the menu! At this stage, my memory sadly gets hazy but I am reasonably confident that I had several soft poached eggs cooked just as I like them while my wife had pancakes! Anyway, there is a wide and varied menu catering for all tastes and the bathrooms are cool, with the railway motif continued there too. Do yourself a favour and check this place out - it is adjacent to Victoria Station, it has a great buzz and is not to be missed! Well done all!

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

I had a small overpriced plate of the salmon this evening that was so bad. I didn't eat it and mentioned it to the waitress. Now ordinarily when food is not eaten you either get an alternative or its removed from the bill. Not here, the response from the kitchen was it's the same salmon they serve and use all the time, so kind off"i don't care". It was disgusting there was more albumin white lines than actual salmon flesh. Just bad and poor quality. Won't go again

Date of visit: May 2019
railhousecafe, Manager at Rail House Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

I'm really sorry to hear that the salmon and service you received didn't live up to your expectations as these certainly aren't the standards we strive for. Please do drop me an email at fiona@railhouse.cafe even if it's to pass on convenient contact details, as I'd love to chat to you about it in a little more detail.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Fiona

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

We had the most amazing time tonight. Thank you so much Honza for being such a positive, friendly and knowledgeable server! We will definitely come back!

1  Thank jasminss

Thank you so much for your kind words, Honza was thrilled with your feedback, you made his day!

Reviewed May 9, 2019

Popped in here by chance while waiting to see a show just around the corner. Lovely feel to the place. We only really wanted to drink so sat on a very comfortable sofa. Ended up have some of the best French fries I've had in a while with amazing tomato ketchup. Great pint of Adams served by very friendly staff. The food I saw on other tables looked very nice. The whole place had a very friendly relaxed feel. If in the area again I would differently go back to try the food.

1  Thank mrsamfar

We're glad you had such a good time with and hope to see you again soon!