“So ld I eat here again.... no”
Review of Monkey and Me

Monkey and Me
Ranked #1,716 of 27,521 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

Arrived after making a booking the day before online for 630. Immediately said would we be get out by 8pm so no welcome just felt like it was eat and go. Starter was lukewarm and pretty underwhelming. The main well don’t need to say much more than a Thai meal with Italian basil and garden peas in my my book isn’t a Thai meal. The spicy sign against the meals on the menu don’t indicate anything as it was so bland you could feed it to a toddler. I spend at least 4-6 weeks a year in Thailand and that was poor to say the least. The food was not great and the welcome even worse. I wouldn’t bother ever again or recommend anyone else bothering.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 17, 2019

I invited my friend for her birthday dinner to Monkey and Me as she wanted Thai food and I remembered my previous visit a few years ago that it was good and reliable. This time it was sadly a disappointment. We ordered from the recommendation menu, and my Shrimp Pad Thai noodles was full of hard, empty shells. When I complained I was told that “dried shrimp” is supposed to look like that… It was simply horrible and inedible. Luckily, my friend’s dish (Red Curry) was good. I don’t think I will go back to this restaurant in the near future, and I certainly don’t recommend it for celebrations.I invited my friend for her birthday dinner to Monkey and Me as she wanted Thai food and I remembered my previous visit a few years ago that it was a good, reliable

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Zsuzsanna G
Reviewed January 15, 2019

Fantastic dinner with my niece on a Friday evening after work. Service was prompt and the food was so delicious. Great vegetarian selection and during the mains we hardly exchanged a word as were too busy enjoying the food. Service was very good too and i was impressed at the turnaround times without having felt rushed in anyway. Def worth another visit and good value for money too!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

We were staying at a hotel beside this place and stumbled in . ( it was a Monday )
What a great find
Starters was amazing , dumplings best I’ve had in London and I’ve been to lots of places .
Mains
Duck with sweet sauce and beef tai salad
Both we’re amazing so tasty
Staff were wonderful very nice and attentive
Lovely bottle wine .
Absolutely loved it here and would happily come back .

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank paul649
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Three of us went here for an impromptu dinner. Booked the table two hours before going which was a good thing as the restaurant was packed, well it was Saturday night! Weren’t expecting much as the pictures in the reviews looked like a basic place, so it was a pleasant surprise to be seated in the ante room with wooden tables and chairs. There was a great vibe with loud cheerful diners, and lots of languages echoing across the room. Food was reasonably priced and excellent tasting. Had the mixed starter platter for 2, but was enough for 3 to share. The green curry, pad Thai and tamarind fish all delicious. Will definitely go again on our next visit to London. Staff was friendly and service fast enough for a busy weekend night.

Date of visit: September 2018