“A good local find”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have had difficulty finding a good, reliable local Thai place for a week night out when you don't feel like cooking and that doesn't break the bank. This ticks the boxes for us. Good Thai food at really affordable prices. With a few bottles of wine, beer, starters and mains about 25GBP a head. The food was tasty, the atmosphere good and we felt was good value for money. Our party enjoyed themselves and we will be back.

There are newer reviews for Monkey and Me

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just dined in this lovely restaurant which is just around the corner from our hotel no.10 Manchester St. It was busy but the staff were fab and we were seated immediately. Great atmosphere and the food came out quickly. I had pad thai chicken and my wife had a spicy tofu dish. We both had a drink and it was only £25 and that's fab for the heart of London. I would highly recommend this thai eatery and if in London and near by pop in as you will be glad you did.

1  Thank Justin_Dreamz
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have been a regular visitor since Monkey & Me first opened. One of 3 Thai restaurants in Crawford Street, this is, in my opinion, the best and is well worth the visit. Lunch times are never very busy and during the week they serve a good value set menu with a choice of starters and mains for around £9. The food is always good and the portions ample though this is not the restaurant at its best, you really need to go in the evening to really experience their food. The a la carte menu is extensive and I have never had a bad experience. I particularly like their Yam Woonsen and other salads. The stir fries, pad thais and curries are always delicious and are best when with a party of 4 or more to share. Like all Thai restaurants in London, they hold back on the chillies so if, like me, you like it Bangkok-style ask them to spice it up and they will. Staff are always friendly and the prices are reasonable. If you like good Thai food don't miss it.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Monkey and me is a gift for those of us who travelled in Thailand and search everywhere to revive the experience. The food is expertly prepared and authentic. Number of dishes on their menu are difficult to find elsewhere in London. Some of the dishes, like Tamarind Duck, are so elegant with beatufil complex flavors that they could be easily served in a Michelin stared restaurant.

Please note that for those who want Thai heat you need to ask the waiters to add bird eye chili to you dishes.

The decor is severely minimalist and the service is warm and unobtrusive.

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

My food tasted like it had been soaked in oil and rubbed in salt...dissapointed because I expected yum Thai food as the place is always busy
Maybe I just caught them on a bad day but I'm not going to try them out again to find out-dissapoint me once and it's over-far too many other great places to go to