“Reasonable stay at The winchester”

Winchester Pub Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Winchester Pub Hotel
Ranked #765 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Derry, United Kingdom
“Reasonable stay at The winchester”
Reviewed November 19, 2008

This hotel is above the Winchester Pub on Archway Road near Highgate in London. We booked here as every other hotel that I knew in the area was booked up. The pub is quite nice and gets quite busy at the weekends. The rooms above the pub seem to have been recently decorated and are very spacious. There was a double and a single bed in our room. We were unfortunately placed at the front of the hotel looking out onto the Archway Road, one of the busiest roads in north London. I did ask for a quiet room when I booked and I assumed this was all they had left. The noise from the road was constant and large lorries and buses made the room vibrate all through the night. It did keep us awake as it took us a while to get used to the noise. On our first night we waited for the music from the pub to stop at 1am before we could get some sleep. It did stop at exactly 1am however music from a local jazz bar opposite continued and kept us awake until early in the morning. There is no central heating in the hotel which worried me initially, however, the electric heaters installed on the walls kept the large room warm enough.
This hotel could be lovely if the windows were double glazed at the front and if local bars were made to turn their music down. I also thought that the room hadnt been cleaned very well before we arrived as the cups, sink and bathroom floor was a bit grubby.
Would I stay here again? I suppose I would if there was nowhere else available nearby. We paid £70 per night, breakfast was included, but we never made downstairs in time.

• Liked — Spacious room
  • Disliked — Noise pollution
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family