Tripadvisor
London
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews room service beautiful hotel hotel experience breakfast included full english bathroom door enjoyed my stay bars and restaurants two night stay late check excellent stay mini bar standard room quiet street an upgrade balconies shutters
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I took a chance on the Nobu Hotel because The Boundary was sold out. It was just plain disappointing. The location is great, but the room was small and uninspired. It felt more like a cheap Disney set than anything authentic. Don't get me started about the restaurant. It was obviously built for IG / selfies rather than anything resembling a good dining experience. Nobu Matsuhisa should just acknowledge he has become a brand rather than a chef.

If you're considering staying here, do yourself a favor: Go stay at The Boundary, and go eat at Brat, or any one of the 100 restaurants in Shoreditch that will provide a better experience.

Room tip: To get the best room, stay somewhere else, like The Boundary
Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
NobuLondonShoreditch, Manager at Nobu Hotel Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear BoardingPass824460,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We do regret that we were unable to match your expectations on this occasion and that your stay proved to be underwhelming. With our best efforts, we do try to offer true Nobu hospitality in the form of an experience which compliments the beautiful setting in which we immerse ourselves in. We are disappointed that your impression of our rooms are that of a cheap Disney set as we only do source interior decorations and amenities of the highest calibre and standard.

We would cherish the opportunity to invite you back to our exciting restaurant for a renewed experience as we are certain that we would be able to provide you with a culinary journey to be remembered.

Please feel free to contact me personally should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Warm regards,

Alexander Soderqvist
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the first time I have stayed at the hotel and it was very nice but the rooms felt a little cold and not as comfortable as I thought it would be. The hotel is very nice and is at a great location. The bar was great as we had a few drinks and we had a birthday dinner at the hotel restaurant, unfortunately they got my friends name wrong when they bought out his cake with a sparkler. We laughed it off but was a little embarrassing to say the least. Overall it was an OK stay but I felt a little expensive for what it is, I think your paying more for the name then the stay.

Date of stay: August 2019
NobuLondonShoreditch, Manager at Nobu Hotel Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 744pattyk,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay over all and your experience in NAMI, our supper bar.

It is with regret that I read that you were not as comfortable as we would have hoped in your room as we value the comfort of all of our guests.

I apologise for the embarrassing mix up during your friend's special birthday dinner in the restaurant - we would love to have the opportunity to be able to welcome you back and ensure all details are taken care of.

Please do not hesitate to contact us when are are planning your next trip to London.

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

I was in this Nobu cocktail bar last month. The place is welcoming. That evening was full of people but the manager found us a table immediately.I asked for a sweet cocktail and the barman made me a "Puru" fully hitting my request. My partner asked for a Japanese whisky and he was served a "Chita" excellent suggestion too. I work as a professional sommelier and my partner is a hotel manager. We prefer places with professionalism and preparation when we go out. I have to say that at Nobu we were satisfied. Thanks to Francesco for his professional welcome and, above all, to Davide the barman who knew how to satisfy our requests.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear damadiloriene,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

I have shared your lovely comments with the NAMI team (especially Francesco and Davide) and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your partner back in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2020

Excellent location, stylish rooms & attentive service.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here - I'd like to mention in particular the service we received from the concierge team, Michael & Fabrizio. Both looked after us exceptionally well and were extremely helpful / knowledgeable from our pre-stay to departure. Both a credit to the hotel.

Date of stay: January 2020

Dear Struanbarclay,

Many thanks for your wonderful review of the hotel.

We have shared your feedback about your stay with the team; Michael and Fabrizio in Concierge were especially thrilled with the personal recognition, as they truly give their all to create memorable guest experiences.

Struanbarclay, we hope to welcome you back to Nobu Hotel London Shoreditch in the near future.

Reviewed January 3, 2020

I enjoyed my stay. The staff makes you feel welcome. First of all I had a few special requests, which were taken care of very well. It is great that for room dining you have the Nobu Restaurant. I also liked the breakfast very much, the creations were very tasty and perfectly presented. The billing concept was a little bit intransparent (coffee drinks for example not included). The rooms were well designed and offered a great sleeping quality. All inquiries were handled quickly and professionally and when a small problem occurred, the duty manager immediately contacted us and took care of it - that's how it works in well-managed hotels! Recommendation!

Date of stay: December 2019

Dear oltravelol,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beautifully designed hotel and that you were able to sleep well in our tranquil rooms. It certainly is a treat to be able to enjoy the tasty creations of Nobu in the setting of your own room and our chefs are grateful that you were able to enjoy their dishes. Further to this, I am pleased to hear that our Duty Managers were able to handle any issues with diligence and resolve any ambiguities you may have encountered in order to ensure that your stay experience proved to be seamless.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,