“wonderful place with very happy horses” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ross Nye Stables

Ross Nye Stables
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“wonderful place with very happy horses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I came here to fulfill a dream I've had since I was a kid growing up in Australia reading all those British pony-books. I couldn't have wished for a better place to ride in London. The stables were immaculate and smelled so sweet it made me a little heady, the horses are clearly very well loved, leaning into cuddles and nickering at the staff. I was given the gorgeous and VERY personality-filled Enigma to ride and a lovely friendly guide who I spent the whole time nattering about horses :D Enigma's trot almost bounced me to the moon but he was FABULOUS fun!!! The ride takes in a huge section of the park and you get to ride up Rotton Row and if you are lucky, see the Guards riding as well. HIGHLY recommended, would ride here again in a heart-beat. It was wonderful seeing such happy, healthy, clearly very well loved horses and ponies in such truly outstanding condition. TAKE NOTE; they don't accept card payments, have your money ready, otherwise it's about a 5min walk to the local shops to locate an ATM.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Maggies_lens

Bergen, Norway
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful ride through Hyde Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went to London on holiday this Easter, and after several times in London looking longingly at the inviting riding paths that spans Hyde Park, I decided that this time I would see if it was possible to have a ride. I found Ross Nye Stables on the internet, and booked a private ride for my daughter (age 9) and myself by e-mail. We went in the morning, and had no trouble finding the stables (using Google Maps), in a charming back street just behind Lancaster Gate Station. (There's actually another stable located on the same street.) The staff was very friendly and helpful, the horses looked great and was very well-behaved, and we had a wonderful one-hour ride through Hyde Park (which was very little crowded this early in the morning) with our two guides. Although my daughter's horse was kept on a lead due to safety reasons, we had many long trots and a few canters as well. Great fun :-) As next day was Maundy Thursday, the horses were going off to pasture for the hoildays, but they squeezed us in for another ride the next morning as well. Different horses and different guide, but just as much fun. We'll certainly be back next time we're in London.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank VIH74
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hyde Park ride loads of fun!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

My daughter, age 16 and I booked a ride with this lovely stable. We had a great time and they were very accommodating. We both have ridden quite a bit but had not ridden in about 6 months to a year. We hacked into the park with Luigi who was such a very nice guy. We had many long trots and several speedy canters. My horse was feeling his oats a bit and had a run or two on me but it was not much of a problem to stop him once he caught up to my daughter's horse. They are friends and mine seemed to like to be the boss and stay in front. Not the first time I had ridden a horse like this so once he ran, I was prepared to hold him from then on. We had a great time, My daughter started out on a little pony that would shy at bags and every little thing so half way through Luigi switched mounts with her. We had a very nice time and completely enjoyed our ride. We borrowed boots and helmets and were very satisfied with the horses and our guide. Lots of fun!!! Thanks to Ross Nye Stables and Luigi for a great time!!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank 224Marianne
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I took my boyfriend to Ross Nye Stables as a suprise birthday present and we had such a great time! I phoned a week beforehand to book. When we got there the staff were very friendly and efficient. We were given hats and boots, and then introduced to our horses. As beginners we were both on leads and had experienced staff looking out for us. We had a beautiful day around Hyde Park, and we also did a bit of trotting! All in all, a very enjoyable experience for the birthday boy and myself! :)

Visited October 2012
2 Thank jenz245
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great horses, great teachers, great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I ride every day at home in the USA and when I'm in London, I always ride at Ross Nye Stables (around the corner from Hyde Park Stables and not affiliated). The horses are happy, healthy, and well trained, offering various levels of accomplishment and size. The teachers are knowledgable, reassuring, and upbeat. Who wouldn't enjoy a lovely ride through Hyde Park in the center of London -- walk, trot, canter up to the level of your ability. I have always felt safe and looked after, and it is a pleasure to see the horses' coats shiny and their spirits good.Hard hats and suitable shoes can be provided, and arena lessons can be arranged as well. If you're looking for a special activity, nature in the center of an international city, this is it.

Visited October 2012