“Excellent!”

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have a horse in Oxfordshire but commitments mean I spend a lot of time in London.
Out of all the London stables I have ridden at Ross Nye is with out a doubt the best and most fun! Well schooled horses, the opportunity for long canters in the heart of historic London, wonderful!
The lessons for novice or experienced riders are excellent, and the staff charming. I have joined their club and can't wait until my daughter is old enough to join the pony club!

Visited July 2012
3 Thank LondonTurtle

New Zealand
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lovely Hyde Park ride”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Blame all the Historical Romance novels I had read in my teenage years if you like but I was keen to have a ride in Hyde Park when in London May 2012, rain or no rain. I was put on a dear wee bay gelding who was in good condition, well shod, well fitting tack and off 4 of us went. The cheerful guide and I went one way while the other 2 went somewhere else. We trotted along Rotten Row and had a lovely ride all over the park (despite getting asthma from the blossoms floating across the track at one point). My only complaint was that I rode in shiny sports trousers which were, surprisingly, so so slippery on the saddle panels that I didn't dare canter. I happily recommend Ross Nye Stables to anyone, the quiet horses, helpful staff and charming Aussie owner will look after you well.

Visited May 2012
Melbourne, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A ride to remember!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had the priviledge of riding in Hyde Park in June. I did my homework on the stables and made a suitable appointment for a private ride on the Sunday morning. I was greeted by a lovely young girl who introduced me to my mount. The very lovely, Sophie took me into Hyde Park and treated me to a fabulous ride. We rode along the famous 'Rotten Row' and had the priviledge of seeing the Queen's Cavalry go through their paces. This was a life long dream of mine. I only realised it was possible when I saw Catrina Rowntree do it on 'Getaway', an Australian travel program.
Thank you Ross Nye for providing lovely horses and a fabulous staff. I will return someday!

If anyone else was coming to London to do this ride then I can highly recommend the Hyde Park Radnor Hotel to stay in. It was only a 1 minute walk from the stables down the mews and was fabulous. I chose it because of its proximity to the stables and Hyde Park.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Peter Kim B
Victoria, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Riding in the Heart of London”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Ross Nye Stables was great in accommodating my spontaneous ride. This has been a dream of mine for years, but I had to wait to be in the UK to call and book my ride and the stable was happy to fit me in for a private ride the day I called. The horses were well looked after and the staff were all kind. As an experienced rider (though it's been a few years) I was able to trot and canter through Hyde Park. It was a beautiful setting and the guide was great about pointing out sites in the Park and discussing the history and current use of the area. I was happy to find that as promised on the website there were boots and helmets to use. This is great for a traveler like me who can maybe bring jodhpurs but not the other items.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Renzy M
USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I rode at Ross Nye Stables and had a fabulous ride. I rode a medium sized pony who was very sweet and looked after me very well. I had a great time riding around Hyde Park and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was with a small group (4 of us including the instructor) and we all had a go at trotting. I have gone back numerous times and have improved to a great extent. Lovely stables and will definitely ride with them again!

Visited October 2011