“Dude! this place is off the charts!”

Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester
Ranked #209 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester offers contemporary French cuisine in the sleek Patrick Jouin designed dining-room along with a professional, bespoke and friendly service orchestrated by Restaurant Director Damien Pepin and his energetic team.Executive Chef, Jocelyn Herland, interprets Alain Ducasse's cuisine with a modern and refined approach, consistently championing and enhancing current seasonal produce, much of which is sourced from British and French suppliers.Signature dishes include "Saute gourmand" of lobster, truffled chicken quenelles and homemade pasta; Fillet of beef Rossini, crunchy cos lettuce, "sacristain" potatoes and the decadent Baba like in 'Monte-Carlo'.A perfect place for a savvy lunch, the restaurant offers a 3 course set menu including wine, water and coffee. Private dining is also a must-try experience with the stunning Table Lumiere where guests can create their bespoke dining experience by choosing from specially selected sets of china by Hermes; the spacious Salon Park Lane bathed in natural light and the cosy Salon Prive.
Sydney, Australia
“Dude! this place is off the charts!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

People!! Really.... Do yourself a favor!!! Both me and my girlfriend both agreed that this was without doubt the best meal we have ever eaten. we were expecting good things being a 2 or 3 star restaurant but this meal still blew us away. we had a 3 course lunch with two glasses of wine each but with all the extra things that came out between courses (about 5 or 6 different things) we were well and truly full when the final gift of hand made chocolates and macaroons (this is after the most amazing desert by the way) came with our after meal coffee the quality of the food is matched with the fantastic wait staff who were super professional, there with everything you needed before you even knew you needed it, but will also share a joke and have a chat and a laugh with you.... I am from Sydney, Australia and here you would pay 3 times the price for a restaurant like this and the food would be no were near as good. The first thing I will be doing the next time I am in London is booking in for another amazing meal here.

• Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Perfection on a plate”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you are a foodie this is one place you must go at some point in your life. Seriously amazing food and fully deserving of three Michelin stars. My friend treated me for my 40th birthday and we opted for the seven course tasting menu. Not cheap at £120 per person but honestly worth every penny.

The Alain Ducasse restaurant is elegant and stylish with staff literally waiting to attend to your every need. An extensive wine menu was given to us on arrival and staff were always to hand to explain some of the menu options.

Our menu delivered seven stunning courses including Dorset crab, lobster, sea bass and veal. you could cut through the sea bass like butter! The cheese plate was also fantastic;each cheese was accompanied by a corresponding chutney. One of the options was a plate of raw vegetables. Sound boring? Not here! We were given a plate of exquisite tasting vegetables, delicately layered and designed with a delicious pesto sauce and a homemade olive crisp bread. Wow. Each course was served with homemade bread a different butters, we honestly struggled to move at the end of the meal.

As well as the amazingly tasty food, the wine was perfect and the staff could not have been nicer.

Fantastic place to spend an evening, I will never forget it.

London, United Kingdom
“Not quite there yet..?”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

As it's one of the four 3 stars in UK, we were very looking forward to this meal. However after the meal all of us (2 couples) felt that we were somehow disappointed and it's just not quite there yet. First start with the positive things, service was attentive, staffs were very friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was great. Then it comes the food. 3 of us ordered the 4 course meal, and 1 ordered the 7 course tasting menu. We didn't order any wine though, except for a glass of champagne each. Just to clarify, we are all wine lovers. But not only are the wines (not surprisingly) hugely overpriced, choices are very limited (95% French). Appetiser and fish were tasty but no WoWs factors, meat, however, was disappointing. I ordered pork chop which was tasteless and dry. Not acceptable. The portion was very big, so I was really struggling to finish it in the end. Luckily dessert saved our night. Really enjoyed my souffle and the Babas with rums. All in all, I still struggle to understand how this restaurant can retain 3 Michelin stars for years. Maybe it was just us who were unlucky with the menus? But one thing for sure, we are not coming back. There are better options out there in London with better food and wine, and cost less £££.

1 Thank XXPhoebeXX
UK
“Wondeful dining experience”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Enjoyed the lunch menu which is excellent value at £55 per person excluding service.
From the moment we walked in we were made to feel comfortable, the staff were very curtious - even wishing my guest a happy birthday, checking if there was any dietry requirements for the food. Food was amazing, one of the best meals I have had. We had an amuse bouche of apple and celeriac soup, the snails and duck were interesting combination. I had the pollock and my friend had the lamb which was great. Both desserts were a success - Vacherin, and there was the chocolate torte and pink grapefruit sorbet, I could happily go back for the sorbet!
If your looking for a special lunch in London would recommend here.
Hope to return to it one day!

Miami, Florida
“Great food and service, a bit hectic though”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had the 7 course summer set menu with wine pairing and the food and service were truly outstanding. We felt a bit rushed through though. They could have spaced courses a little more. Also what the sommelier said about each wine sounded all a bit "scripted". I do like to have a chat with the sommelier but there seemed to be no time there for this. The whole dinner took "just" 1.5 hours. Compared to that I had a long 3 hour tasting menu dinner at Pied a Terre (2 Michelin stars) a few nights before. It felt a lot more relaxed, less busy and rushed there and is therefore still my favorite high end French restaurant in London.

Visited September 2013