“Great place”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester offers contemporary French cuisine in the sleek Jouin Manku designed dining-room along with a professional, bespoke and friendly service orchestrated by Restaurant Director Damien Pepin and his energetic team. Executive Chef, Jean-Philippe Blondet interprets Alain Ducasse's cuisine with a modern and refined approach, consistently championing and enhancing current seasonal produce, much of which is sourced from British and French suppliers. Signature dishes include "Saute gourmand" of lobster, truffled chicken quenelles and homemade pasta; Dry aged beef, artichokes and bone marrow, and the delicate Baba like in 'Monte-Carlo'. A perfect place for a savvy lunch, the restaurant offers a 3 course set menu including wine, water and coffee. Private dining is also a must-try experience with the stunning Table Lumiere where guests can create their bespoke dining experience by choosing from specially selected sets of china by Hermes; the spacious Salon Park Lane bathed in natural light and the cosy Salon Prive.
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
“Great place”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The place to be in London- The Dorchester hotel, this crowns it off with a genuine 3 star Michelin standard, great service not overly fussy-which I do not like, but food quality and portion size top notch, very good value fixed price menu-very imaginative foods, excellent inclusive wines on this menu, lovely deserts(chocolate christmas bauble was brilliant!) , we have been many times to this restaurant and would recommend highly.

• Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Incredible”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

It took a month to get a table for a Saturday evening, but boy was it worth it. I have been to a couple of Michelin starred restaurants, but never a 3 starred one, and could really tell the difference. The evening was a real occasion, rather than just a good meal.

The decor: the restaurant is beautifully decked out - luxurious, yet classy - in stark contrast to the horrible, blingy, gold-covered foyer of The Dorchester from which it leads off. The tables are well spaced, and despite the restaurant being full, it never felt busy or crowded. Noise levels were fine - a low hum, but such that one could have a conversation at a normal volume.

The service: this is where the restaurant truly excelled. From the off, service was uber polite, well-informed, friendly and without any of the stuffiness or snobbish attitude I half expected. We don't usually dine at such expensive restaurants, but never felt out of place at all. The maitre d' and waiter bent over backwards to accommodate our dietary requirements (halal food only), showing a real concern to ensure everything was suitable for us. I was extremely impressed by the staff's knowledge of what constitutes halal, and by the flexibility of the kitchen to accommodate this - something I would never have expected from a top-end restaurant.

The food: quite simply wonderful. Amuse-bouche of savoury profiteroles stuffed with cheese were divine and there followed a veloute. Bread kept coming throughout the meal, served with the yummiest butter I've ever had. I had the vegetable cookpot to start, fillet of beef as mains and baba for dessert. My companion langoustines, sea bass and souffle. The food was beautifully presented. The starters weren't mind-blowing, but the beef was undoubtedly the best I have had and the baba was incredible - an amazing light texture and perfectly balanced flavour.

Overall: The bill came to £140/head, with water, juice, cheeseboard and service. This is twice as much as I have ever paid for a meal before, but you know what, it's given me a real taste of top-end dining, and I think it was worth every penny. I'm already plotting a return visit.

London
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Everything you can expect from a 3 michelin stars restaurant.

From arrival to departure, the service was excellent.

The food was amazing with a lot of care to details. The wines which was suggested with our meals were simply excellent and really complemented the meal.

Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“The best restaurant in the world.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I took my wife for our wedding anniversary. Staff are superb, food is even better, surroundings are excellent. I will remember this experience for the rest of my life.

• Visited February 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went to this restaurant last night with my friend to celebrate our late birthday and the food was out of this world. The staff were attentive and polite and explained the menu and wine selection for us. I started with the crab done two ways and was just perfect, my friend had the lobster with shavings of black truffle which she said was excellent. I than had the lobster and the sauce with it was yummy and my friend had the venison which again said was delicious. We were than given some home-made chocolates and maccaroons and dessert was souffle and I had chesnut ice-cream with some kind of meringue, everything was just perfect. It's pricey but lovely for a special occasion because you really get looked after from start to finish.

• Visited January 2013