“Trishna...going down hill?”

Ranked #396 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: Located in the heart of London’s Marylebone Village, Trishna delivers a contemporary taste of south west Indian coastal cuisine, whilst also offering a wine list focused on emerging regions and fine wines. The informal and pared back aesthetic of the interiors are offset with antique mirrors, marble table tops and banquette seating. Trishna’s private dining room seats up to 12 guests in informal and discrete surroundings with the wine cellar setting the ideal backdrop for any occasion. Trishna was awarded a Michelin star in 2012.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have been to Trishna many times over the years and has been my favourite place to have a really good Indian meal up until now....

Went there on New Year's Eve for a lunch sitting with a friend. Arrived at the restaurant and was walked straight to our table, which was stuck in a corner, usually in previous visits are coats are taken at the door, but this time we had to take them off at the table then she asked if we would like them take away. Bit of a struggle to get coats off when table next to you is so close...anyway...no menu arrived and we had to ask for it. The wine that we ordered was poured but after we had finished that glass we had to ask for our bottle to have more poured.

Service by the guys who bring the food up was very friendly but the waiter who served us seemed bored and bothered by our requests for our wine and a new spoon when one fell on the floor. Never in past experiences have I ever had any complaints about the service, maybe it being NYE, he didn't want to be there.

Food as always is excellent, even if the price of the lamb curry has gone up by a great amount and the portion size seems to have gone down.

I will go back to Trishna, but no longer will this be my favourite restaurant, I like service when I pay quite a lot of money for an Indian meal.

There are newer reviews for Trishna

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This used to be a great restaurant on my high street. I have dined often with friends on the top table deals. Things seem to be going downhill since they got the michelin star.....how sad. Last time I was there, the quality of food was definitely not as per usual high standard. The food was clearly not fresh. The desserts were a bit too ambitious. The restaurant was extremely noisy and the layout was terrible. Don't think I will be going back any time soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

food was very good. service excellent.very good value for money. not at all pompous despite it's michelin star.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food was sufficiently spicy and had an interesting twist in some of them. The mains of brown crab and lamb was especially memorable.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

It's a wee while since I last ate here, but for the sake of completeness I thought I should write a brief review.

We ate on a Friday night in low season but the restaurant was still busy with a steady trade of locals and travellers. Service was friendly and efficient and the food was an intriguing mix of traditional ingredients and recipes updated.

I'm looking forward to returning.