“Noisy lunch”

Sun, 10/20
8:00 PM
Ranked #3,789 of 28,643 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Artworks, marble and onyx provide a relaxed, elegant backdrop for a vast, all-day British menu.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been here several times - this time was for business!
The food was great but the acoustics in the restaurant make it very difficult to hear anything - not the place to do business at all!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (912)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and 2 friends were looking forward to our evening here, from the onset, disaster!
The DJ is sooo loud the staff and diners cannot hear themselves think, let alone hear what one orders!
Our drinks arrived and 2 of them were messed up, my starter was not what I ordered, friend asked for side order of peas and got bread!!
Staff appear to be wondering around aimlessly, no order or work stations appear to be in situ.
Of all the Ivy’s I have been to to, this is by far the worst! Food was also middle of the road.

Date of visit: September 2019
TheIvyCollection, Manager at The Ivy Soho Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there,

We would like to discuss your experience with you, however we have been unable to find your details on our reservation system. May we please ask you to get in touch with us at guestrelations@theivy-collection.com quoting reference 345kayb, Sept 21 2019 , providing your name and contact telephone number.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with 3 friends, when we went to order the waiter didn’t know what the specials were and even when he’s found out - couldn’t explain the dishes.
Really low lighting - I had to use my phone torch to be able to read the menu
Poor service throughout with staff leaning across and in front of people, spilling drinks etc.
Two of the four meals were not great, I ordered the prawn and monkfish curry - very little of either fish in the dish and I’ve felt decidedly unwell all day!
My friend ordered fish cakes - cold and bland

I’d save your money and book at table at the actual The Ivy. I worry that if all Ivy Brasseries are like this that the Ivy brand and its reputation for excellent service and outstanding food will be compromised.

Needless to say that I won’t be returning to this restaurant.

Hi there,

We would like to discuss your experience with you, however we have been unable to find your details on our reservation system. May we please ask you to get in touch with us at guestrelations@theivy-collection.com quoting reference 974jackiep, Sept 20 2019 , providing your name and contact telephone number.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really bad meet / quality of food and service are
As bad as you can imagine it in London. Terrible bar man especially

Hi there,

We would like to discuss your experience with you, however we have been unable to find your details on our reservation system. May we please ask you to get in touch with us at guestrelations@theivy-collection.com quoting reference Cap12452, Sept 19,2019 , providing your name and contact telephone number.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I’d booked this for a celebration with our close friends, as I’d been before and it was excellent.
This time however, the front of house staff were completely let down by their chefs.
Our table was booked for 8:30, and to put it in perspective, our main course was served at 22:40...... over 2 hours!
Firstly - hot tip, the waiters all dressed in black are trainees - good to know as my wife was given incorrect advice on gluten free options on the menu. The main waiter who took over was first class though.
The guys tried twice to serve the soup warm (let alone hot!), and failed, one of which our friend just couldn’t bring herself to eat, which they ended up taking off the final bill.
Main course was ok, but served with the wrong side orders. In the end we gave up raising the points.

We are not complainers, its just not in our nature, and were having fun with our friends, so really made light of the whole affair. But to the credit of the Manager, he got himself involved in the end, and personally apologised, and offered his business card to personally sort a future booking for us. Nice of him, but.....
Sorry guys, we wont ever be back.
There are too many great restaurants in London to warrant spending our money in this place, and neither can we recommend it......... I did that to my friends by taking them there and telling them how good the shepherds pie was, only to be made to look ridiculous.

If you like half-cooked food, and being served with different to what you ordered, over a period of around 2-3 hours (we left at around 23:30).......crack on and book. At least it’ll be entertaining to see what arrives!

In the end, during our chat with the manager, he was credibly honest in saying they been left short-staffed in the kitchen and that the front of house staff are not allowed to chase the kitchen. My advice - sack all of them and re-recruit offering the best conditions, and treat them well. Then you will have the best staff, the best food, and the best recommendations to eat there.
Seriously not worth wasting your time to book.