“Never AGAIN”

Hyde Park Economy Apartments
Ranked #942 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting, ok so it's basic I wasn't expecting Buckingham palace however the room was filthy. The room looked like it hadn't had a good clean for a long time, I had someone else's ball of hair stuck to my bed socks, there was so much mould in the bathroom including the taps and what made me nearly throw up was there was no plug hole and you could see the thick build up of mould. The water didn't come out of the shower head as it was thick with black mould, have they heard of bleach? The bed was comfortable however when I woke up in the morning the sheets had detached from the mattress and there were huge bodily fluid stains all over the mattress. I would not recommend staying here, you feel like you are staying in a bed sit and the pictures are so mis leading.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ellie S
There are newer reviews for Hyde Park Economy Apartments

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the apartment for 3 days. Lovely apartment with bedrooms upstairs, while the kitchen and toilet sharing same floor at downstairs.
The apartment area is very close by to Queensway tube station and also walking distance to bus stop and the big bus city tour (its in front of the Thistle Hotel). Its cheaper if you buy the big bus city tour ticket online than buy from the counter. money exchange, cafe and groceries stores are very close by the apartment. We were more than happy.

The little downside was our cabbie did not stop at the registration apartment (no 55), but straight send us to the apartment (no 13). Secondly the dryer machine at the basement was not working properly as i have to waited for almost an hour to dry up our clothes.. The rest was very good!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank khails
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Once again I have chose Hype Park Economy Suites and as always was perfect for what I require. 20min walking to Oxford Street and 2 min walk to Bayswater and Queensway tube statiosn. Also close to loads or restaurtants and supermarkets.

Apartments are basic but have everything you need for a short stay. Clean, Tidy and comferable. Check in was fast and easy as always and staff so helpful.

The only issue I do have with them is they dont look after customers who are retuuning with peference rates or upgrades. I have stayed about 4/5 times since last oct and when you email them to get a rate they just send you to there website which I think is very bad customer service. I have worked in hotels myself for 12 years and would hate to think my staff are so uninterested in the customer to just do that. You also need to email more then once to get any reoply or they dont reply at all. I would suggest they look at there admin side of the business.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Hallie14
Reviewed September 26, 2013

On arrival the address is not 11 but 55 Inverness Terrace, so confusing. My room was at nr 77, room 16, which was in the basement (I found out after climbing three stairs). No windows, TV not working, no Wifi. Clean OK, but certainly not worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 941paulrijks
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed in the appartments, having stayed in teh area before, we stayed for the Radio 2 concert last Sunday, it was really handy for the show and to walk back afterwards. There are two tube stations within easy walking and a QPark car park in the next street which is much more compettive than NCP and secure 24 hours a day.
The flats are self contained so have a cooker, microwave, keetle etc so be prepared and take you own tea, coffee etc for breakfast. I would describe them as functional, not luxury but clean and spacious. Our room faced out on the main road, Queensway (off Hyde Park) and wasnt unduly noisey. It was a little stuffy but they had provided a fan in the room.
The bed was comfy but if you like two pillows, ask when checking in as the one pillow was a little flat we found1 Checking in is done down the road in number 55 (we were in 11-13) only a short walk but it wasnt made clear.
I you like cafe's I would recommend Cafe Roma around the corner, small but very nice. There are also the normal assortment of Sainsburys' Tesco's metros etc.
We would stay there again, having used the 'executive' appartments nearby before we felt the only different was the slight differences in decor and the fact that you check in at the building your staying in.
We felt safe both in the daytime and at night an important thing in London...

Room Tip: Ask for a second pillow! Take some coffee, tea etc
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colin t
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have read reviews here and I must say I feel they have been a bit unfair .. Yes it's not the ritz and it could do with a wee bit of tlc! I was pleasantly surprised when I got there after being so anxious as to what horrors I would meet behind the door of our apartment after what I have read.
If you want a good location,which is practically on the door step of Kensington palace and you're not fussy about interior design,and lets face it, if you're going to London for a city break how much time are you going to spend in the apartment? And yes the kitchen/dinette is small but a trip to the mini market for a few things to cook up is waaaay better than paying ridiculous London prices to eat out. Mini market is just around the corner and so to is the underground station. And there is a laundry room down stairs too.
I think some of the bad reviews I've read here are just plain fussy in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked the Hyde Park Economy Apartments to be close to the major attractions of London without long train travel each day. The suite lived up to our expectations as to location and amenity.

Because of some of the comments we had read on Trip Advisor about lack of lifts I rang ahead to ensure that we did not have too many flights of stairs. The gentleman who answered said he would ensure that the sub-ground unit he had earmarked would not be changed and this was the situation when we arrived he also advised us that the check-in was at number 55, up the street from number 11 where the unit was.
When we asked the check-in if we could leave our luggage as we were too early for the 1400 time. The lady made a phone call and we were able to get into the unit at 11 AM.

The units are basic and compact as one would expect considering the location and price, but have everything that is required for day to day living (including a refrigerator), in our case for 2 persons.
Only one thing marred our stay, the bed. On our first night we found that the slats that support the mattress had come out of place causing the bed to sag in some places. Next morning we reported this and the reception gave the task to their maintenance man while we were there. Next night we found that the bed had only been partially repaired and still sagged. We reported the problem again but next night it still sagged.

The day we left we once again reported the bed and received profuse apologies, we were also able to leave our luggage while we went to explore the Portabello Markets. This was a great thing for us as we would probably had to miss the markets without this. We were not the only people leaving luggage and the management have a room at the back of the office especially for this.

If it had not been for a lazy maintenance man we would have had nothing but positive comments to make. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor as there is no lift
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple