“Wide selection”

The Old Post Office Bakery
Ranked #182 of 317 Bakeries in London
Description: The Old Post Office Bakery is a fruit grown for over 30 years from the labour, love and loyalty of its workers, and associated supporters. We are a community centred bakery that produces and sells handcrafted baked goods using staple ingredients with no artificial additives.
Reviewed December 3, 2018

This firm has been going for about 30 years and is a little gem. The staff however have become more grumpy over the past couple of years but if you go around 6am you will meet the Polish bakers who are super friendly and everything is fresh from the oven.

Date of visit: December 2018
2  Thank Simon W
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed October 17, 2018

I've been buying bread here for three months now, and for me is the best. Try the Five seeds or the Californian, both amazing. The rest, pastries, cakes... Are premium quality too, as you can expect from a business that seem to focus on making a really good product that speaks for himself, with an artesanal approach. Absolutely a must!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed May 7, 2018

Hi

We ordered 80 sausage roll for our guests after the church service to enjoy before heading to the venue.

The sausage rolls turned up on time, piping hot and they where delicious. They where definitely one of the guests highlight of the day, as people appreciated a warm sausage roll rather than a cold over priced canapé.

Communication with the backery was extremely easy and I would recommend using them as they food is great and very well priced.

Thanks OPOB for such a great service on our wedding day.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 23, 2017

I couldn't ask for a better local bakery. This place is perfect and not too clinical as i find a lot of places are nowadays. I've tried most of the savory things on offer and they're all fantastic! Best ciabatta loaf I've ever tried.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 9, 2017

This is a tiny little place on Landor Road, a couple of minutes walk from Clapham North tube. I came across them first at a farmers market in Kennington and the loaf of sourdough I bought there was great so I hunted them down.

Just bought two danish and another loaf of sourdough for later and honestly the danish was one of the best I've ever had. Really good size, perfect pastry, good fruit and not overly sweet. It was bang on.

They've got a large selection of breads in there from German style to fancy sourdoughs along with more everyday stuff and I've also had a really good slice of cake from them in the past too.

I can't believe I've lived in Clapham for so long and never knew this place was here. Between this and M. Moen & Sons at the other end of the high street, your bacon sandwich is sorted. Be Vocal, Shop Local!

Date of visit: March 2017