“Best Italian I've been to in ages!”
Review of Caravaggio

Caravaggio
Ranked #1,182 of 24,439 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is a totally gem to find in amongst rows of fast food shops, pound stores and greasy spoons is a little door with 'Caravaggio' over the top; looked more like a deli but wait until you get inside! As we entered it looked quite cafe style with Italian meats hanging down and wine bottles but on asking to sit deeper inside it was like actually being in Italy! Great rustic decor and attentive Italian staff all very keen to take you through the vast menu and the amazing specials. We asked what the waiter recommended and he replied the fish specials are the best starters. So we opted for all of them! Super big king prawns cooked in lemon, lime and chill, squid stuffed with olives, sardines and monkfish to share between four. We followed this with mains also from the specials. My friend had rib-eye steak which was in a red wine sauce and must have been at least 1lb of meet along with potato and veg! I had carbonara and the other two had lamb shank roasted in wood ovens for 24 hours. The whole meal was amazing from service, food and of cause the wine list, which was very extensive. It even had a little covered garden with about 4 tables so the smokers were happy too! Well worth the visit. Price wise. Starters adv £6-9 mains £8-15.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've lived in SE London for 6 years and can honestly say that this is my favourite restaurant. I go on a regular basis and the service is always superb, friendly, efficient and welcoming. The food always delicious with a wonderful range on offer and the atmosphere is great. A fantastic place for a romantic dinner, or relaxed evening with friends and family.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Caravaggio is truly a sensational restaurant, it offers a variety of plates from homemade pasta, risotto, and even has specials every day. I have visited this restaurant in many occasions and had variety of plated from their menu, and none have disappointed. The service gives the restaurant the edge of being so successful, the waiters are kind and know every single plate in the menu and also recommend in which one you should get. I recommend everyone to visit the Caravaggio, since they wont be disappointed. It's undoubtedly one of my favorite restaurants in London.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have the pleasure of working in sunny Camberwell SE5. I am so pleased that this little gem of a restaurant is on my doorstep. They produce great home cooked pasta or pizza lunch and a drink for £6.50 which is always superb. Nice place, great staff and fantastic value. You could always have KFC for £5.00 a few doors down in a lovely cardboard box, your choice!!

1  Thank richardleigh
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd visit to this restaurant. The consistency of the food and service has been the same on each visit. Very good. The portions are generous , the food is tasty the service is efficient and friendly.