1,547 results
All reviewsclub roomhyde parkpaddington stationsussex gardensmonkey puzzleedgware roadmarble archheathrow expressdouble roomrooms are smallreception stafffew minutes walkshort staylocation is excellentmicrowavehairdryer
Reviewed October 13, 2017

The room was a little bit too small but everything inside was ok;
I appreciated the friendly welcome and the staff always willing to satisfy your needs.
Breakfast was fine, various,staff very friedly;
the situation is ok in the center and near our summit location

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pranav B, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Shaftesbury Metropolis. Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Metropolis, London as your preferred destination.
We are extremely delighted to receive such a positive and heart-warming feedback from your end.
It's customers like you who keep giving us the positive feedback which definitely gives our team members the thrust to perform even better.
On behalf of our entire Team here at Shaftesbury Metropolis we thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again when your travel plans bring you back to London.
Kind Regards

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

I have just finished breakfast and will be leaving London today......but before I do I want to review the Metropolis. This is my second stay (with my husband) at the Metropolis London Hyde Park. Once again we enjoyed our stay: very neat and clean rooms, comfortable bed, lovely hot shower, great location to London's sights.....and Paddington Station. But for me what makes this hotel stand out is the staff. Each and everyone of them. In the breakfast room this morning we were looked after by Sebastian and Andrea. During our first visit 2 young ladies helped us and they were great too. I watched them interact with guests and they could not do enough to help. They were polite and eager to please. Andrea and Sebastian you were outstanding. Thank you

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed October 13, 2017

The hotel looks charming when you arrive, the room looks good at first sight, but when you look at the details during your stay you will see that the rooms and bathrooms have seen better days.

|If you are looking for a good price deal, this might be the place for now, but if you are delicate about details, better wait until the planned restyling has been done.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a view...
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Metropolis for your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to read about your stay at the hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests as this helps us to improve our service and product.
Once again thank you for your feedback and Please contact me directly for any further reservations and I shall make sure we restore your faith back in us.
Best regards

Reviewed October 9, 2017

A great hotel in a good location close to the tube and walking distance to many places like oxford street and Hyde park. The rooms are fairly small but nice and quiet. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. I’ll stay there again

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank sara_chadwick
Pranav B, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the lovely review following your recent stay with us at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park and for your honest review which is very much appreciated.
Being located very close by Hyde Park and Three underground stations is very advantageous for our esteemed guests as they can travel with ease.
I am glad that you enjoyed the comfort of our modern rooms and the services.
We already look forward to your return on yet another memorable experience.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in June when going to see the late great tom petty and the heartbreakers in Hyde park nice clean room tidy shower just what we wanted for our one night stay only downside was there wasn't a bar for you to have a drink but the pub across the road was nice plenty of room inside and out in beer garden we are planning to stay there next year when we are going to see foreigner in the Albert hall

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Pranav B, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for this outstanding review.
I'm delighted to hear of your overall fantastic experience while staying with us and we all be thrilled to read your review.
We very much appreciate your kind words and compliments and hope that we will be offering you a warm welcome for many occasions to come.
Kind Regards