$206
$158
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$106
$281
$260
Kensington Hotel
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$160
$389
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
1,545 results
All reviewsclub roomhyde parkpaddington stationsussex gardensmonkey puzzleedgware roadmarble archheathrow expressdouble roomreception staffrooms are smallfew minutes walkshort staylocation is excellentmicrowavehairdryer
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I stayed at the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park on the 3rd of March for one night. On arrival I found the reception staff helpful and friendly. My room was upgraded to club and it was very clean, tidy and cozy. There was a duvet on the bed which was very warm and comfortable. Good quality buffet breakfast. If you book in advance you can normally get a beneficial discount which is very compatible with any 3 star. Overall I would recommend this hotel and definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2009

We paid £90 (inc breakfast) for a Wednesday night and got upgraded to a club room. Just one problem - the hotel has been packed into a mid-terrace in a row of small hotels, which doesn't matter, except the place is a labyrinth of corridors and turns, and the signs could be a little clearer! We had a comedy moment when we kept bumping into another lost soul trying to find his room!

The room was clean, the shower was hot and invigorating, the bed comfortable. The only problem was that the TV was stuck on the wall at such an angle that made it unwatchable from either of the beds.

The buffet breakfast was hot, the food was of good quality. The juice machine had been set of mix the orange juice (which was more like squash) at a near-homoeopathic mixture ratio, so that taste and colour were barely detectable. Note to hotels: Orange juice isn't that expensive!

A lot of the staff were eastern European, but spoke good English and were very friendly and helpful.

I'd stay here again for that rate, but probably not the £340 rack rate (but does anyone every pay that?!)

Reviewed March 6, 2009

2nd time we've stayed here. This time booked through their own web site and got a good deal for double with breakfast for £86.50. Considering that breakfast can cost you £14.95 each, then it works out at only £56.50 fro teh double room. Again, upgraded to club level (I wonder whether they have anything but club level?). Room along a very narrow corridor on the GF, but again, a very nicely fitted out room. Not the biggest, but very cosy with all you could need. Great long bath!. but not easy to get out of. The only thing they seem to have missed in the room is somewhere to hang the hand towels??? Oh and no free biscuits!...but then they do have free apples in reception, internet is free!!!! too and free Daily telepgraph. Warm welcoming and a great full English breakfast. Would highly recommend. Theowners of this chain of hotels seem to have gone to great lengths to make their customers comfortable. A big plus!

Reviewed March 5, 2009

Fantastic hotel with great staff!
We paid £131 for 2 nights, and for that they upgraded us for free to a club double.
When we arrived we were early so they looked after our bag until 1400, and then again all day once we had checked out.
The staff were excellent, the breakfast was great, and it was all spotlessly clean!

Its about a 15 minute walk from marble arch, with an equal 10 minute walk to either Paddington or Lancaster Gate. There is also a superb fish and chip shop just around the corner!!!
I have stayed in many hotels, and this one was great! The distance from the attractions is reflected in the lower price.
P.s. We had a 5 week old baby with us.....the hotel was more than suitable.

Reviewed March 3, 2009

Firstly, there seems to be some debate about whether it's quicker to walk there from Paddington or Edgware Road. I definitely found it easier to come from Paddington - it's just a case of walking a little way down one road, turning left and following that street right down to the hotel. I tried both ways and had more trouble with walking from Edgware Road.

The reception is very nicely decorated and the staff were all polite and friendly - not a scowl in sight, nor a hint of rudeness throughout. The check-in process was fast and my room was ready even though I showed up slightly early.

Yes, my bedroom was small (which seems to be the common complaint), but as a single traveller staying for a short amount of time, it suited me fine. I imagine if you were staying longer you might want a bigger room. However, it was well-furnished and very clean. My bed was really soft and comfortable, with clean white bedding - a nice change from the itchy blankets that seem to be favoured elsewhere. The shower was powerful and hot, but it is here that one of my very few complaints lies - when I turned it on to heat up for a minute before getting in, the spray soaked my floor because of the way the door opens.

My only other problem was with the safe. The website advertises it as being able to fit a laptop, but this is not necessarily the case. I have a laptop with a 15" screen and had to place the laptop in the safe at a strange angle to get it to it.

However, apart from these minor quibbles, it's a lovely hotel with very good prices and I'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo