“Excellent Location, Service”

Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park
Ranked #340 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I am a regular guest at this hotel. i come alone for business visit 4 - 5 time a year and i stay at the same hotel every time. excellent location, clean rooms.
the staff takes care of me as their own family member and are always ready to help with all my needs.
However if you have lot of luggage then room space are of moderate size.

Room Tip: take help of the staff.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to our staff.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Kidn Regards

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed at the Shaftesbury Metropolis in February for our Wedding Anniversary,
As soon as we walked in the hotel, we was greeted by a friendly reception, check-in was quick and efficient, we was told that we was upgraded from a double to a club room...upon entering our room we found that we was given complimentary bottle of wine, with a card placed on the bed, wishing us a happy anniversary, which was a very kind gesture.

Room was very clean, and every time we left our room we was always greeted by the friendly staff.. breakfast was delicious and the staff at breakfast was very helpful...

Yes i would definitely go back to the Shaftesbury Metropolis and will most definitely recommend this hotel..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read about our team’s friendliness and also your comments on our hotel breakfast.

We will surely wait for your next visit & always be motivated to give you warm welcome back in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Its really tiny but honestly not worth the money!! The room looks nice but you cant really walk around cuz its tiny!! The bathroom looks nice, there is no bathtub tho, its a shower!! You cant really identifybthe building you are in because its on a normal looking building!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit .Our bedrooms are much bigger than average London room with all the amenities. However, please do let us know about your future stay & we will try to upgrade your room to higher category, which are much bigger in size.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I like the Shaftesbury group - their rooms are comfortable, well appointed and off season they are excellent value for money. This one was no exception and I shall continue to use them.

Reception was efficient and the staff friendly. I was on the third floor - the one lift could be a bit slow at busy times - and my room was reached via a rather convoluted corridor (if disabled make sure you have a room that can be reached without steps).

The room itself was reasonable size, but smaller than the usual that I have experienced at the hotel. Their was a largish wardrobe with shelves down one side, a safe, tea and coffe on a small inset utility top. Their was also a full length mirror and hair dryer. A nice touch was the complementary apple, orange and boted water. The double bed was comfortable and faced a TV. The other side of the bed was a small desk and chair. Wifi was free and reasonably fast. Their were a reasonable number of power points. The bathroom was airy, shiny clean and modern.

Breakfast was served in a well lit and spacious basement dining room. The menu was reasonably extensive, though it appeared that it had to last until the end. Also in the basement was a room labelled 'Gym' though it was locked!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us & thank you for mentioning all the suitable decor & amenities we offer to our guests. In regards to Gym, Yes we do have Gym and can be accessed by all mean with the help our reception staff as Gym user need to fill up a form in regards to H&S.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit & will look forward to see you soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed for a week long bussiness meeting at the nearby Hilton Metropole and I found that the location of the hotel is very convinient - only 5-7 minutes walking from Paddington station. When I arrived early in the morning, no rooms were available for me, so I waited in the lobby accessing their free wifi. The receptionist allowed me to check-in early as soon as there was a room (of type I requested) ready. The room is a bit small, but it's probably OK compared to London's average, however it has got everything I need, very comfortable bed and very clean bathroom - which is important for me. The hotel is also very close to several mid-eastern as well as other restaurants and snack/breakfast/coffee places. Despite the location being close to major train station, it is quiet and it's easy to get a good sleep. So overall it was a pleasant experience for me and I would definitely stay there again if I need to be in Paddington/Hyde Park area of London again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park and for your honest review which is very much appreciated.

We are indeed pleased to know that your stay was satisfactory in every aspect and was comfortable too.

We will look forward to welcome you back to provide you the superior service and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We recently stayed here for 2 nights. The staff are very warm, friendly and welcoming. The room, reception, corridors etc are all spotlessly clean. Good price and close to Paddington and the tube. The rooms was small ... but we didn't go to London to stay in our room :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin W
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us you feed back especially about our staff, helps us to maintain standard.
Please write to me when your plan your trip to London, I will be happy to assist you and we will certainly keep big size rooms for you. You can write to me on - dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com
Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. Look forward to have you back.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The check in process was smooth and courteous. The staff were really helpful and we were able to add parking to our room for only and additional £20. This was great especially as the car was parked directly outside the main door of the hotel.

The lift was slow and the announcement for the floor levels made me feel like I had won a prize on Jim Bowen's game show Bullseye.

The room was clean as was the linen. It was however a little small. It was the sort of room that if you wanted swing a cat around in you could - Provided you didn't mind having a cat with brain damage.

It was not possible to walk around the bed and the space at the foot of the bed was taken up with a small wardrobe. To open the wardrobe door meant moving a small oil filled radiator and a suitcase stand. Once you had closed the wardrobe you had to move these items back as there wasn't enough room to move otherwise.

For a four star hotel I was expecting a little more. Although there was a hairdryer we did not have access to items like a trouser press etc.

The bathroom was equally cramped but it was immaculate. The linen was clean and well presented although I probably wouldn't have put the shower carpet in the shower to start with. After having turned on the shower and going to get in was the first time I noticed it. Needless to say by now it was completely soaked.

We wanted a night away and I have to say it was warm and comfortable so did the job. Breakfast the following morning (which was included in the price I paid) was reasonable. The English breakfast was self serve and well cooked. The only draw back was the pastries which were a little stale.

If I was looking to stay in London again I may use again, but I would certainly look around first.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park.
I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. We will surely take a note of your feedback which will help us to deliver excellent customer service. Kindly let me inform before you next visit & I will do the needful to allocate bigger size room.