“Good service Ref. Monica” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park

Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park
Ranked #352 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Jeddah
“Good service Ref. Monica”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 8 days reception staff is very nice specially Miss. Monica and Ahmer. The hotel was very clean with nice breakfast . I really enjoyed my stay there and definitely I will be back soon .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wid A
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your wonderful review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stays with us. I will certainly pass your feedback to concern staff .Thank you for your positive comments about the Hotel.
Hope to welcome you back soon!
Gourav Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent room, water boiler, space enough , good bed and pillows, free wifi, TV, good breakfast and very close to Paddington (walking distance) Train/tuve station which is excelent cos connect with most of metro lines.. was there the first time before travaling to reading after reciving recomodation and wasnt despointed

Room Tip: the dubble room is comforable the dubble bed is big enoght
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read about our comments.
We will surely wait for your next visit & always be motivated to give you warm welcome back in the near future.

Best Regards
Barcelona, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

i was in the hotel for two nights (Oct 5th to Oct 7th)

1. Room was very small (310), when you open the bathroom's door you hit the bedside. My husband is 1.92m and i'm 1.82m, so the bed was a bit small for us

2. Bathroom was even smaller then the room,2m2, with toilett , sink and shower. Poor lighting that makes impossible to make up in the morning .

3.I have travelled a lot around the world, and it's the first time i had to pay the room at check in and not at check out.

4. i tried to join the PREMIER CLUB REWARD PROGRAM before booking the room, but it was impossible, so i didn't get the benefits on my first visit as they mentioned on their web page.

5. I get an offer and i paid 100-120 pounds. NOT WORTH PAYING 450 for A DOUBLE ROOM !!!

6. Friendly and helpfull staff

7. Free wi-fi

8. Close to Paddington station

9. Clean rooms

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Shaftesbury Metropolis for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

As mentioned, our rooms are indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to give us an opportunity to arrange bigger room for you. Please let me know about your future visit to do the arrangement.

In regards to PREMIER CLUB REWARD PROGRAM, please contact me directly on email & I will certainly help you with that.

We request you to give us another opportunity to serve you in future to change your opinion about the size of the room.

dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at around 10 am after an overnight flight and they let us know that our room would not be available for another hour. They took our luggage and apologized that the room wasn't ready. We said it was fine and decided to explore around our hotel while we still had energy left over from our flight. We came back a few hours later, room was ready and bags already upstairs.Hotel was Clean, nicely decorated, convenient location, and friendly staff . Would definitely recommended this hotel and stay there again !

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to our staff.
It will be a pleasure to have you back.

Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Excellent room, with silence AC, water boiler, space enough for two, good bed and pillows, free wifi, TV, good breakfast and very close to Paddington (walking distance) Train/tuve station which is excelent cos connect with most of metro lines..
Been in severals hotels in London in Mayfair area for bussiness porpuses and this is as good as those ones.
Best

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & other facilities.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com

Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Hi, both me and my husband are back from our anniversary weekend stay at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, on arrival, shocked at how small it was, did not give this impression on the website as I was expecting a very grand entrance hall & reception, however the staff were very pleasant and polite, asked for payment which all I usually carry is my Maestro card which they DO NOT accept just glad I though on and took my Visa too, we were allocated room 003, ground floor, fab cos after a day walking round the last thing you need is stairs, so me and my husband shuffled down the corridor to room 003,
I opened the door, I stood there mouth open and my husband burst out laughing because of how TINY the room was then we looked in the bathroom where the door would not open proper due to the bed being in the way which in all fairness was very well laid out as it was only about 2.5' wide I was hysterical (with laughing) the horror at realising that the toilet is inches behind frosted door which for the prudish would not be amused to see , my theory is so long as it is clean and I sleep im not bothered but this was ridiculous,
!st night sleep was fair, window is a street level, so you hear everyone plodding home after their night out, staff use the gate that is straight under the window WHICH IT NEEDS OILING AS SQUEAKS EVERYTIME IT IS OPENED/CLOSED also you can hear them chatting nwhile on breaks
Breakfast was nice enough to choose from and coffee is OK too which I think is rarity in London these days,
Night 2 was eventful, husband stubbed his toe 3 times, scratched his back on the TV trying to walk round the bed, I banged my hip on the basin plinth coming out of the shower but slept OK,
paid £220 for 2 nights, been in better but defiantly been in worse,

All in all I would return but would complain if I got room 003 again

Room Tip: do not accept room 003
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank anloui
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Shaftesbury Hotel London Hyde Park.
Our mission is to make your stay memorable in every way, and your comments will provide us with the information we need to maintain our high level of service.
As you have mentioned about the size of the room. I would like to request you to give us an opportunity to arrange bigger room for your future stay.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I spent 5 days in London for work, and this hotel suited my needs just fine. A convenient 10 minute walk to Paddington Station (where I took the Heathrow Express) and close to other major Tube lines. Nice, well-kept rooms, friendly staff. I'd requested early check-in since my red-eye flight arrived at 7 am, and the room was ready and waiting when I arrived, which was a welcome relief after such a long trip. I'd stay here again on my next business trip.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back of the hotel, not facing Sussex Gardens.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Shaftesbury Hotel London Hyde Park.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,