WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #362 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Business Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here on night 23 July 13, within walking distance to Paddington (5 mins). I found the staff very friendly, arriving at 8am they stored my bag for me as I wasn't planning to return until 6pm. Quick checkin room very clean and well maintained. Only disapointment was having an inside room (010) but for one night not really a problem. Good selection of food for breakfast and a late night pizza delivered within minutes. Entry has a large step and din't spot disabled access but there may be.Price of the room was almost a 3rd of the cost of the Hilton metroploe just around the corner where my meeting was being held.

Room Tip: Avoid room 10 if you want natural light
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. We work hard to keep our all guest satisfied & I am sadden to know that you did like our ground floor rooms as they are equally spacious with all necessary amenities as well as big windows.

However, I completely understand your needs & I request you to please contact me before your next stay so that I can allocate you a higher floor. You can email on dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com

Look forward to see you soon.

Gourav Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Have just returned from my fourth stay at the hotel in as many years. All the staff from the highly personable Manager Mr.Gupta; to the front desk; the breakfast waitresses;the room staff were very pleasant and efficient. The location is ideal for overseas visitors. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Sussex Gardens are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park.
We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us. We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit , will look forward to see you soon & for any assistance please write to me on dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com
gif sur yvette
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

single room on the road side too noisy. excellent decoration & bathroom facilities & confortable bed. small room but it was exactly as it was shown on the web side. professionnal reception but without persannal care. It was perfect for on enight.

Dear Guest,

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to noise, I request you to please give us another opportunity to arrange quiet room for you in future.
Banbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

After reading previous reviews was a bit wary, however we have no complaints whatsoever. It only took a few moments to check in and as we were early they stored our bags safely until we returned later in the day! The room was extremely clean and the staff could not be more helpful. The rooms are small enough but everything you need is there! We had two rooms one being a club room which was larger and more than big enough with a fridge and a microwave.
As we had a very early flight on departure the staff kindly arranged some yogurts and fruit/ cereal etc as the kitchen was not opened so early. Very accommodating. Excellent location.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GurpreetLondon, Front Office Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Ms Karen,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us recently and also for your lovely feedback. Your feedback means a lot to us as we judge ourself's on purely guests feedback.

Your feedback has been shared within whole team and we feel proud that we were able to meet & exceed your expectations with us. We completely understand how it feels, when you have a long & tiring flight to go back home whole day and before that moment its vital to have your breakfast, so arranging breakfast for you prior to time was our pleasure.

I'm sure you would love to choose us again and again for all future visits to London. Kindly write to me prior to your next arrival and I'll do my best to arrange a Club room again at no extra cost.

Regards,
Gurpreet Singh (gurpreet@shaftesburymetroplitan.com)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Me and a collegue was travelling down for a meeting and we was originally booked into a partner hotel near Hearhrow airport. After discovering this was not convenient we asked reservations if we could move to a more centrally located hotel. At first I thought I was going to be charged a fortune to move but the simply just dealt with it and moved us to the metropolis near Hyde park. The hotel is situated close to paddington station making most of London very accessible. With changing hotel I was unsure whether I would get the club service I had booked in the other hotel but everything was perfect and included. The rooms were lovely and the hearty breakfast in the morning was delightful. The staff were very accommodating and friendly it felt like you'd known them more than just the short time we had. I must especially mention Monica and Ahmer who were very friendly and polite. The metropolis exceeded my expectations even looking after our bags after we had checked out and gave us somewhere to chill out and have a coffee before departing for our evening flight. I will definately be staying at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone travelling to London for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park.

Our mission is to make your stay memorable in every way, and your comments will provide us with the information we need to maintain our high level of service.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I had a most unpleasant experience in a hotel in Bayswater on 10 July 2013 and I needed to find more suitable accommodation for our last day in London. We found Shaftesbury Metropolis on the Internet which was close by. As soon as we entered the Hotel in the morning and spoke to Monica on 11 July 2013 we felt at home and that our needs would be met, and she could not have been more helpful, and we immediately changed hotels. We were able to leave our suitcases for safekeeping until our room was available, and the room was well appointed and very comfortable and very clean. The breakfast was excellent and we were able to check out at 1pm the next day, and transport to Heathrow was arranged by Monica, and cases were stored again and delivered to the taxi at 5pm the next day. As a traveller one wants to spend time enjoying a place like London, and that means you need a hotel that looks after you, so that you can focus on that enjoyment, and I cannot recommend Shaftesbury Metropolis highly enough.
Chris Lenz, Brisbane Australia

Room Tip: Check that the hotel has a lift and that it is not on a busy road, and if it is, that the room is ai...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GurpreetLondon, Front Office Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent feedback in regards to your recent visit at the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park Hotel.

We all were delighted to know that we were able to meet & exceed your expectations with us. It was our pleasure to serve you.

Kindly contact me for all your future visits to us and I'll make sure you are sound & comfortable.

Kind Regards,
Gurpreet Singh
gurpreet@shaftesburymetropolitan.com
LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Shaftesbury is a group of hotels; they have another in Notting Hill and one in Westbourne Terrace. When you book them, they take your money and then decide where they have rooms. If you have booked in one location that is full, they tell you some nonsense about a hot water problem and send you to another in a cab that does this all the time. If you don't care about location, it's okay but if you do, it's a problem. I cannot help but think this hotel group is a front for something else. I was sent to THREE hotels in two taxis and ended up somewhere I did not want to be. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
2 Thank Margaret H
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Shaftesbury Metropolis for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com or you can call me on the number given below as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
Gourav Gupta

Travelers are raving about these London hotels