1,556 results
All reviews club room hyde park paddington station sussex gardens monkey puzzle edgware road marble arch heathrow express double room reception staff rooms are small few minutes walk short stay location is excellent microwave hairdryer
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Friends had booked this hotel as near Hyde Park. Check in was quick but I had difficulty in understanding reception staff as had overseas accent.
Double room small and on the dark side, but as only me did not matter. Had everthing coffee/tea, hairdryer, TV. Bathroom again small but very clean.
My friend who was in the room opposite and is 6' 1 in height had a wet room bathroom but the shower was designed for someone who is 4ft tall and he struggled to use it.
Breakfast in small dining room but excellent everything to suit all tastes, service good.

Room Tip: if tall don't book the room with a wetroom bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
Our bedrooms are much bigger than average London room with all the amenities. However, please do let us know about your future stay & we will try to upgrade your room to higher category, which are much bigger in size.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Regards

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were a bit wary of staying here given the negative comments on some posts on TA. I did contact the hotel prior to our stay and request a room on the higher floors to avoid the basement rooms. This was not a problem for them and we had a large twin bed room on the 3rd floor that was comfortable and very quiet.

The staff were courteous and friendly and the buffet breakfast were excellent.

This hotel is located close to hyde park and a tube station is only a short walk away.

All in all a cracking hotel, well worth the price and we will consider staying there when next in London.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the higher floors and they will do their best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to our breakfast.
Please do let us know about your future stay & we will try to upgrade your room.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Regards

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Over all it was very pleasant and quiet and the most important sincerely the employees has a high customer service approach clarity and transparency very supportive and helpful. They really made me feel like I am at home I observed the attention and consideration from top employee to a normal clerk, the only thing that I did not expect is the size of the room which also did not bother me as an official visit the size was fine. The level of understanding for each and every national and considering customs, traditions and relegation of each client was fabulous.
Location of the hotel if you’re looking for calm and away from crowds is the best with a marvelous view, the bus station is very close to the hotel seven minutes to paddington station & underground. Close to Edgware Road Oxford Road and Marble Arch. In which you will find very good restaurants manly Arabic Indian and Iranian cousin.
Justifying my staying at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, as very pleasant the most important thing which you’re looking for when you’re not at home and traveling to a country for your first time is a family which will make you feel safe and happy which for sure they are.

Room Tip: The room was pleasant and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Shaftesbury Metropolis.

I am writing to personally thank you for your stay with us & I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I will pass you comments to concern staff.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our second visit to this hotel was on July 2nd, each time staying with friends. The location is ideal with its proximity to Paddington Train Station, the staff are very friendly and the rooms although some are quite small are well equipt and very clean. We find this hotel ideal for a short stay and I am sure we will return on our next visit to London>

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Nice room, very comfortable although a bit small, excellent location, good value for money. Staff were friendly, would stay again. Hyde park and paddington station very close by. A very nice Indian restaurant nearby too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not next to the elevator, we could hear it from the room (right next to it) but wasn't overly disturbing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GurpreetLondon, Front Office Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

A big thank you for your feedback on this website and also for choosing to stay with us during your recent stay in city. Your feedback has been shared within the team and feel proud that we were able to meet your expectations with us.

All staff was really please to know that their service and friendliness made a big difference in your stay. Our hotel should be your home for all future visits to London and we all will always look forward to welcome you back.

Thanks & Regards,