The Arch London(London)
$254
$199
  • Pool
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $332/night.

Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$105
  • Bar/Lounge
$144
$117
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
$258
$243
1,544 results
All reviewsclub roomhyde parkpaddington stationsussex gardensmonkey puzzleedgware roadmarble archheathrow expressdouble roomreception staffrooms are smallfew minutes walkshort staylocation is excellentmicrowavehairdryer
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Over all it was very pleasant and quiet and the most important sincerely the employees has a high customer service approach clarity and transparency very supportive and helpful. They really made me feel like I am at home I observed the attention and consideration from top employee to a normal clerk, the only thing that I did not expect is the size of the room which also did not bother me as an official visit the size was fine. The level of understanding for each and every national and considering customs, traditions and relegation of each client was fabulous.
Location of the hotel if you’re looking for calm and away from crowds is the best with a marvelous view, the bus station is very close to the hotel seven minutes to paddington station & underground. Close to Edgware Road Oxford Road and Marble Arch. In which you will find very good restaurants manly Arabic Indian and Iranian cousin.
Justifying my staying at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, as very pleasant the most important thing which you’re looking for when you’re not at home and traveling to a country for your first time is a family which will make you feel safe and happy which for sure they are.

Room Tip: The room was pleasant and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Shaftesbury Metropolis.

I am writing to personally thank you for your stay with us & I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I will pass you comments to concern staff.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Yours Sincerely,
Gourav Gupta

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our second visit to this hotel was on July 2nd, each time staying with friends. The location is ideal with its proximity to Paddington Train Station, the staff are very friendly and the rooms although some are quite small are well equipt and very clean. We find this hotel ideal for a short stay and I am sure we will return on our next visit to London>

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com

Kind Regards
Gourav Gupta

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Nice room, very comfortable although a bit small, excellent location, good value for money. Staff were friendly, would stay again. Hyde park and paddington station very close by. A very nice Indian restaurant nearby too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not next to the elevator, we could hear it from the room (right next to it) but wasn't overly disturbing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GurpreetLondon, Front Office Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

A big thank you for your feedback on this website and also for choosing to stay with us during your recent stay in city. Your feedback has been shared within the team and feel proud that we were able to meet your expectations with us.

All staff was really please to know that their service and friendliness made a big difference in your stay. Our hotel should be your home for all future visits to London and we all will always look forward to welcome you back.

Thanks & Regards,
Gurpreet Singh

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Shaftesbury Metropolis. I ended up staying for two nights after my booking for another hotel fell through. It's a 5 minute walk to Paddington train/undergound station. The rooms are clean and decorated in a very simple, modern style that really made you feel like you're staying in a much more expensive hotel. Even though the rooms were not ready upon check-in, the staff was extremely helpful and provided luggage storage for as long as necessary. The rooms are small, but that's expected in London. Free wi-fi is a big plus. My only real complaint is the "taxi" company that the hotel uses. When I called for a cab, I expected to find a mini-cab waiting for us, but instead it was a luxury car. The hotel seems to have a contract with a nearby car-hire and they charge at least £15 ($20) more than a regular mini-cab.

Room Tip: We had a ground level room and had no issues with noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
GurpreetLondon, Front Office Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park Hotel. Guest feedback is really important to us so that we know where we stand in the market of delivering excellent customer service and we thank you for bringing it to our notice.

Everyone here at the hotel was glad to see that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and will give us another chance to serve again. Our aim is to reach highest level of customer care where you especially found our staff - professional, helpful & friendly.

I'm sure our hotel should be your home for all future visits to London. Moreover do write to me prior to your next visit to us and I'll make sure your are in one of our best comfortable room.

Best Regards,
Gurpreet Singh
gurpreet@shaftesburymetropolitan.com

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at the Shaftesbury Metropolis for 4 nights recently, at the beginning of our UK tour, beginning May 4th. We received an excellent price, special deal for $799 Australian. Had a great time in London. The Metropolis was so conveniently situated to Paddington Station - about a 7 min walk.. Hop on & off bus too was only just around the corner, diagonally across the road from Paddington Station. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Full breakfast was great. Was initially concerned only because we'd read a bad review. Advice, ignore it! Sheets were clean and crisp, the bed was VERY comfy, towels changed daily and we were close enough to Hyde Park (a 10 min walk) that we could buy freshly made sandwiches, 2 bananas, 2 drinks and bikkies for 14 pounds. Now that's reasonable! Yep, a great place to head out for things to do in London.

Room Tip: Didnt use the downstairs gym and not aware that a pool was available. But London weather is sooo unreliable at that time that I doubt you would get to use a pool. Besides, there's so much to see and do in London. Just enjoy the sights.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ms Debbie,

Wow what a excellent feedback.

Let me start with thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your thoughts on this website about your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is valuable to us and helps to improve on our services and standard.

Whole team was really please to read your feedback above and feel proud that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations with us. It was a great pleasure to have you with us.

Kindly contact me on email below in advance of your future bookings and allow me to take care of yourself for a comfortable stay.

Thanks & Regards,