1,547 results
All reviewsclub roomhyde parkpaddington stationsussex gardensmonkey puzzleedgware roadmarble archheathrow expressdouble roomrooms are smallreception stafffew minutes walkshort staylocation is excellentmicrowavehairdryer
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel for one night on the 26th of june for my birthday only wish we could have stayed longer, as the hotel is first class clean and tidy with excellent front of house staff , the manager could not do enough for us by helping sort out a minor booking issue and putting wine in our room for my birthday .
Breakfast was excellent and enough choice to suit anyones needs, and every single member of staff in this hotel goes out off there way to assist you in making your stay great.
The manager is even on call to help you when you check out and make sure your needs are met i have to say have stayed in other hotels in london but this is by far the best for location and staff.
Already sorting next trip out and it will be to this hotel with out any doubt

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read about our team's friendliness and also your comments on our hotel breakfast.

We will surely wait for your next visit & always be motivated to give you warm welcome back in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Pre-booked this hotel on a non-returnable deal so was unable to get out. Arrived and was told their internet was down so couldn't register me into the hotel. Returned later and sat patiently for an hour while one receptionist tried to book several people in. Unfortunately, she wasn't good at managing multiple tasks and would suddenly leave a person in the middle of registering to answer the phone or do another task. When I arrived at my room I was shocked - even by London standards it was small. No place to open my suitcase fully except the bed. Any service from reception continued to be very slow and I quickly learnt to spend as much time as possible out of the hotel. Location is not too bad.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Shaftesbury Metropolis for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com or you can call me on the number given below as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed, for the second time, 18th - 21st June 2013, at this hotel due to the friendliness and warm welcome from the manager Gourav Gupta. I had certain requirements that he more than met and had communicated with me, personally, via email before my arrival to ensure my needs were personally met - and I thank him.
I traveled into London from Heathrow - the Heathrow Express takes 15 minutes into Paddington and this Hotel is within reasonable walking distance. There is a bus stop outside the hotel which takes you into the Oxford Street junction with Picadilly and Soho and the Paddington tube leads directly to Piccadilly which is only a few minutes walk to Leicester Sqare. Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are nearby and, as the weather was wonderful, it was a pleasant walk into Piccadilly through Hyde Park - which is an amazing oasis in London - and Green Park. You can escape the hustle and bustle with Kensington Gardens nearby and Kensington Palace is a must see!
My room was spacious and clean with a lovely walk in shower. Due to the exceptionally warm weather I left my windows open - there is aircon too - and even though I am a light sleeper, there was little noise at the back of the hotel.
The breakfasts were wonderful, I had the continental and my partner the full English, which looked wonderful. Even at 10 am, when breakfasts finished, there was ample food and it all looked fresh and appetizing.
The staff were warm and friendly and we were always greeted with a smile. We were approached every time we met the manager who asked if we had slept OK and if the breakfast was OK and if we needed anything. Reception staff were equally friendly. When I asked for directions into town via Hyde Park she even gave me the hotel business card and told me to ring her if I got lost.
Due to the location of this hotel with the nearby parks and easy access to the West End I would definitely stay in Paddington. Due to the friendliness and warm welcome I received I would definitely stay at this hotel. I have read previous negative comments. All I would say is that you should address any requirements you may have with staff prior to arrival as my experience was positive in that both the current, and previous manager were prepared to personally go the extra mile to ensure I had a wonderful stay. I look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor at the back of the hotel which was nice and quiet. Ask before you go if you have specific requirements.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park and for your honest review which is very much appreciated.

We are indeed pleased to know that your stay was satisfactory in every aspect and was comfortable too.

We are also delighted to know that you enjoyed our services and full buffet breakfast. We pride ourselves of maintaining high standards within our product and all the departments and the comments like this will help us to maintain our high level of service.

We will look forward to welcome you back to provide you the superior service and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff really made this place great. It was clean, convenient, hospitable, great breakfast. One of the receptionists told us to call them if we got lost in the city (we didn't) but it was nice to know they would take care of us. Every time we walked through the lobby we were greeted warmly. They were very helpful with directions and suggestions. I would recommend this place to anybody!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Shaftesbury Metropolis.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us & I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Received a call on the morning of our arrival date that a boiler problem meant that the 4 twin rooms we booked were unavailable and that we would have to have double rooms. I voiced my concerns as two of the rooms were for people with health issues and suggested that a large discount would be expected on arrival. On our arrival a very apologetic manager was waiting for us and we were given an upgrade to Club Class rooms with complementary wine, although still double rooms we were happy to accept this. The reception staff were very helpful and hailed cabs for us when taxis were not available to book due to the queens birthday celebrations.

However I would say that having read the number of reviews that have had booking issues due to "water leaks or boiler problems" I am not sure that I believe the reason given why our twin rooms were not available and it would appear that there are inherent problems with the booking process. Our rooms were booked in April so it was not a last minute booking and after receiving the phone call I went onto the website and dummy booked 4 twin rooms that showed as available for that day!

Whilst I was impressed with the way that the staff handled the issue I do think that the company should improve the booking process so that this does not happen to such a high proportion of guests. This is a large chain which offers very reasonable rooms, probably because the square footage of the rooms is smaller than most other rooms I have stayed in and therefore they can offer a better price. Staff could not be faulted on their customer service but it is not fair to them if the company is at fault.

The rooms are very small although this was not a problem for a one night stay a longer stay would be uncomfortable in such a small space.

Room Tip: Ask what the square footage of the rooms is before booking. Check that the rooms are available and do not accept a change of room unless you are upgraded or massively discounted. the company must not be able to get away with poor booking administration.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com

Kind Regards