1,557 results
All reviews club room hyde park paddington station sussex gardens monkey puzzle edgware road marble arch heathrow express double room rooms are small reception staff short stay few minutes walk location is excellent tea and coffee microwave pubs
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed there during a conference. Location was great, Paddington, Hydepark and my conference venue (Hilton Metropolitan) all within a couple of minutes walking distance. Prices are decent considering it|s London we|re talking about. The rooms in the basement are a bit dark but since I was staying for several nights they were happy to arrange a room change for me the next day. |All of the staff were were very supportive and polite. Especially reception clerk Daria went out of her way to help me with all sort of things.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Shaftesbury Hotel London Hyde Park.

Our mission is to make your stay memorable in every way, and your comments will provide us with the information we need to maintain our high level of service.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

A lovely hotel in a great location! A 5 minute walk to Paddington station, 10 minute walk to Hyde park, and 20 minute walk to Oxford Street! The rooms are a good size, with very comfortable beds and everything you might need during your stay. The staff were extremely polite and helpful, regularly checking that we were happy with everything during our stay. The breakfast buffet was brilliant, and it kept us going until the evening (just what you need when walking around London!). Would highly recommend it, and would definitely stay there again!

Room tip: Rooms facing the main road may be a little noisy at night - but only a problem if you're a very light sleeper
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Shaftesbury Metropolis.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us & I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My mother and I booked a couple of nights stay at the hotel and we were both pleasantly surprised at the room we were given (Club room, upstairs at the back of the hotel) clean, comfortable and with all the facilities needed. I certainly did not expect to wake up to the sound of birdsong!
Close to Paddington, a stroll to Oxford Street and Hyde Park, a lovely walk through the park to Kensington, the museums etc. overall an excellent place to stay and very reasonably priced.
I found the staff pleasant and helpful during my stay and equally helpful when I discovered that I had left my reading glasses behind. They were found and posted back to me very promptly.
All in all a lovely couple of days away, great location, helpful staff and I shall most definitely book the Shaftesbury again for my next London stay.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I, like, many others have been scammed by this hotel, I was called on the day of my check-in to be told that a 'boiler problem' meant I had to be moved to another hotel. I write this review from that very hotel, I have been given a tiny room with a tiny window, the window is mostly useless since outside the window are two huge air conditioning pipes making an horrendous racket, between the two pipes the view is of another guest's window 4 feet away. When I checked in there was a gentleman in reception already complaining about his room and trying to be moved.

Don't stay at the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, it prossibly doesn't even exit!

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Simon F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Shaftesbury Metropolis for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com or you can call me on the number given below as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. This hotel is in a good location very close to Paddington station and very safe. The room we stayed in was in the basement. It was extremely small. The bed was comfortable and got good nights sleep both nights. Unfortunately the sheet on the bed was a little dirty but other than that the room was very clean. The room also didn't have a hairdryer but when requested got one straight away. We did not eat in hotel. The staff were very helpful with any questions about directions etc.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GurpreetLondon, Front Office Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

I really appreciate for choosing to stay with us recently and also for your feedback on this website. Guest comments are really important to us as it helps us monitor where we stand as compare to our competitors.

I'm glad that you overall enjoyed your stay with us; however sorry for any inconvenience caused in regards to the compact room in basement floor. May I request you to kindly contact me directly for all your future bookings with us and I'll make sure you are allocated one of nice & comfortable higher floor room.

Kind Regards,