1,548 results
All reviewsclub roomhyde parkpaddington stationsussex gardensmonkey puzzleedgware roadmarble archheathrow expressdouble roomrooms are smallreception stafffew minutes walkshort staylocation is excellentmicrowavehairdryer
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The location of the hotel is very good. The service probably above average. I wouls say the biggest problem is the size of the rooms - they are tiny! Also the rooms in the basement are crap and stuffy. The bathrooms are very modern and clean. Old beds!

Room Tip: Don't take rooms in the basement.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park for your recent stay in the city.

We are extremely sorry to hear that even though you were allocated a nice & the most spacious Club room , the noise disturbed your sleep during the early hours. We truly understand how annoying it must have been for you when the internet did not function especially when you required it the most. We have taken each comment of yours into consideration & will see what the best can be done to improve these flaws which can really disturb our guest's by being a hindrance.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you had seeing other guest's not been able to get rooms at our property. unfortunately, we had some problems with few of the bookings on that particular day .

we as a team would certainly like to make it up for your unsatifactory stay & therefore request you to kindly give us another oppurtunity to restore your faith in the Shaftesbury Group. We promise to make your future stay a pleasant one & will ensure you are a happy customer. Please do write to me in advance about your future visit . A quiet room will be allocated for you as per your preference & comfort.

We look forward to welcome you again .

aparna

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at the Shaftesbury Metropolis last week and email the hotel prior to my stay to have their confirmation that my room, whilst being a single, had a desk where I could comfortably work. The hotel manager, Aparna, emailed me back efficiently and assured me that I would have a comfortable room. Upon check in I was given a Club Room along with a basket of fruit and a bottle of wine which was a great touch.
The room itself was very nice and made me feel very relaxed. The buffet breakfast was also great.
This is the second Shaftesbury Hotel I have stayed in and I would certainly recommend this to colleagues, friends and family.

1  Thank JMExeter
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Mr. Jason Mingo,

Thank you so much for your kind words in regards to your stay with us. It was indeed a great pleasure for all of us to welcome you & to be your host.

We hope to make your future stay's as comfortable as this one . Kindly contact me for any further assistance . Our staff will be more than happy to go an extra mile to make your stay a most pleasant one.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

we booked this hotel because of its proximity to paddington station, having a late afternoon flight into heathrow and an event to get to early evening. we got to the hotel to find they had no room for us and that we were going to be transferred to another hotel. i see from other reviews that this is a frequent occurrence and whilst i don't object to the transfer i do object to the lies at reception - " due to unforeseen circumstances" - how does overbooking constitute unforeseen circumstances? They had my contact details so they could have saved me a lot of time and rushing around by telling me to report to their alternative hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you as we were unable to accomodate you at our property which you chose to stay at. We truly understand your concern that if you had been informed about this situation prior to your arrival you would have saved a lot of time. Most of our guest's were informed about this unfortunate situation prior to their arrival, however few of the guest's could not be contacted as their phone's were either on voicemail or could not be reached.

Your feedback is important for us and each day we are trying our level best to improve wherever we lack in our performance. I request you to kindly write to me prior to your next stay . We promise to provide you with a satisfactory service and can assure you that everything will go smooth in regards to your stay with us.

Once again , we will really appreciate your understanding in this matter and hope you will give us another oppurtunity to restore your faith in the Shaftesbury Group.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

In the last 9 months, my husband has booked to stay in this hotel three times. This last trip was the first time a different hotel was not allocated on arrival. He chose this hotel because of the proximity to Paddington Station. Twice I have accompanied my husband on his business trips and I can honestly say we have never stayed in such a cramped hotel room ever. The hotel we were allocated on the last trip was very cramped as well but this one beat it.The bed was a very small double which must have had a dip in the middle. Bricks for pillows, and the heat of the room ensured that we slept very little and both woke totally unrefreshed in the morning. The door to the bathroom was so close to the bed that it was impossible to open it without banging the bed noisily. It was also impossible to use the bathroom without illuminating the entire room as the door was opaque glass. There was nowhere to set anything near the sink in the bathroom so I had to use the floor.We were glad that neither of us are over-weight as things could have been very tricky!! The hotel should have just put a single bed in this room. There was a small window into a nothing of a place with extensive scaffolding filling it. This made the room very dark, along with the dark decor. Even walking the corridors to the room felt claustrophobic. Not a room to linger in!! There was someone else's rubbish as well under the curtains! Note to cleaners..you need to lift the curtains and vacuum underneath them. We are looking at staying somewhere else on our next trip.

Room Tip: No tips. It's an old property which has been divided up to make as many bedrooms as possible at the expense of the customers comfort.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park.

On behalf of our team we apologise to you for the inconvenience caused while your stay with us. We can very well imagine how uneasy it must have been for you to be in a room so small as mentioned in your feedback. Few rooms in this building are not so spacious as compared to the rest. However , if you had brought this to our attention or had contacted reception desk that you wish to be in another room Iam sure the staff would have tried to assist you. We are extremely sorry to hear that you had to endure an uncomfortable night due to the room being so warm.

On the basis of your comments we have alerted our housekeeping team to be extra careful while cleaning the rooms. We completely agree with you that the room should be spotless & free from any dust or debris.

We request you to please give us another oppurtunity to restore your faith in the Shaftesbury Group. Kindly feel free to write to me on the below mentioned email address prior to your next visit. I will ensure you stay in one of our nicest room with comfort .

It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back .

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel is well placed for Hyde Park and we were going to the concert so it was an easy walk from here. Staff quite friendly and manager was nice . We had a club room so it was a bit bigger than the other rooms . I am not keen on the dark furniture , but thats just my personal view as it makes the room feel gloomy and ol fashioned. Bathroom was lovely and modern but not a lot of space for toiletries. The TV remote didnt work properly and we had to keep switching the tv off and on to get a picture and even then it was a poor quality. The view from the window was of a wall , but the worst thing was being woken up at 6.30 by the noise from the kitchen . Think this was because we were directly above , but we were very tired for the rest of the day. On the plus side , breakfast was nice, but on the whole we wouldnt stay again as for the price it was disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

On behalf of our team at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park we thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was indeed a great pleasure for us to be your host.

It is nice of you to have taken few moments from your precious time to write your valuable comments. I personally agree with you that the dark furniture tends to make a room look cramped & dark. Your feedback will be passed on to the higher Management & to our projects team so that next time we plan to redecorate our rooms we could select a light wood furniture .

We are sorry to hear that you were disturbed due to the noise problem, plus you had difficulty viewing the television. You are our valued guest and it is our prime duty to make sure you find everything perfect from the time you arrive to check in. Kindly write to me well in advance about your future stay as I will personally ensure you are comfortable and experience a good service.

Looking forward to meet & greet you with a warm welcome.