“Cancelled on me at the last minute - horrible”
Review of Inamo Soho

Inamo Soho
Ranked #5,032 of 23,351 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked, using Top Table, for Inamo alomost a week ahead for pre-theatre dinner. At the last minute they cancelled on me, leaving me in the lurch with 2 children on Chinese New Year and a theatre reservation.

I would not mind if they had closed due to 'act of god' but they were just cancelling the offer because they had 'better' potential customers. They claimed that their suppliers had not delivered some goods so could not do the set-menus...but could do the much more expensive a-la-carte. Amazing that given that Chinatown was really packed...

Really poor customer relations...and also I learnt that toptable offers mean nothing.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I will not be going back, as many reviewers have said the food is good, but the service is abysmal . I do not appreciate being asked if we want the bill when I have only taken one mouthful of dessert for which I had waited half an hour ! Perhaps they should rename themselves - Inanhour
I emailed the restaurant giving them the opportunity to comment on the service but a week later they have not answered, which seems to be their way of dealing with customers !
I could write loads on the meal, but I think if you are reading this you are getting the general idea.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Food was good, but the computerized system you control that projects images on your table and allows you to order with a touch pad is the real draw. Fun times...

1  Thank NJsuperdad
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is not your traditional japanese food restaurant, this is something out of this world. Here, all senses are feed. People may argue this is not traditional japanese food but it tastes like nothing I ever tasted. You can get traditional japanese in many other restaurants...

The interior design and the patented user interface are top of the line too... its expensive but its FANTASTIC.

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We went as a party of 8 on a saturday late afternoon (4.45pm) without booking. The waitress was reluctant to give us a table due to evening bookings although there were only 2 people in the restaurant. We were seated downstairs on 2 separate tables, when we could have been seated together! We all ordered within a couple of mins of each orher (after being shown interactive table by waiter) our friends next to us ordered2 dishes the same as us, ours were delivered to table about 15 mins ahead of theirs. They ordered dessert during main course, we ordered after ours. Ours arrived before theirs, theirs arrived 30 mins after they ordered!! We were then asked if we wanted the bill during dessert, as they obviously wanted the table. The food was all really good & tasty. The concept of interactive tables & ease of use of them is great. Overall the service ruined what could have been an excellent place to eat.