“Good coffee”

Ole & Steen
Order Online
Ranked #27 of 1,667 Quick Bites in London
Neighborhood: St. James's
Description: The Danish Bakery breakfast to supper. Coffee, handmade breads, pastries, cakes, salads, sandwiches, stews, beers and wines. Eat in or take away.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were in the one near Leicester Square tube station. Can't find it on TA (unless this is it). I presume they are all similar. Good coffee and delicious pastries. Comfortable chairs. We came back for lunch. Had the open sandwiches. A bit mean portion-wise but tasty. Best for breakfast, coffee & pastry rather than lunch. I would try them again though.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (485)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This chain (I've tried most, if not all of their places) is consistently good - no matter which place you choose, you can expect wonderful baked goods and friendly smiley service. rather impressive.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Aside from the cinnamon social, which was really good, all other experiences of my Sunday brunch were just mediocre. My truffle portobello panini was burnt and tables were being partially cleaned, leaving crumbles still all over them... c'mon guys! The panini was exchanged and then was undercooked for fear of burning it again. I guess my bad luck!

Reviewed August 14, 2019

Came here in by chance one Saturday afternoon with friends and were not disappointed! There was very generous free samples of the cinnamon social on the counter, which was delicious!
You take a ticket and get served when your ticket is called.
They have great sweet and savoury food here, for a fairly good price, for London! IT will probably always be busy, so you might have to time it just right to get a table, but it wasn't an issue for us.
Always a good place to stop.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019

I can’t walk past an Ole and Stein without going in. Great coffee and their specialty pastries are to die for. My favourite Ole and Stein still remains the one along Tottenham Court Road (the first time I was introduced to the brand!j however I had time to kill before going to the Pinter theatre so enjoyed a coffee and pastry, recharged my phone and drank a glass of the complimentary tap water. Excellent - as ever!