All reviewsgrammar schooltower bridgebaluchi restauranttooley streetst olavesheated toiletamazing boutique hotelrestocked dailythe free mini barlarge comfy bedhand towelsborough marketbuffet stylesouth bankafternoon teawould highly recommend this hotelstayed for one night
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I have traveled around the world and have stayed in many 5 star hotels, but there are very few hotels I would categorize as an “experience”, and this is one of them. From the moment I walked in the front door to the moment I checked out, I felt taken care of with a level of service that is hard to describe unless you experience it for yourself. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed with the highest quality finishes and products. There was an problem with wifi in my hotel room, which didn’t seem to be working correctly. And since I was there on business, this was going to be a big issue for me. But once I brought this to their attention they moved fast to investigate and discovered it wasn’t something they could fix right away so they moved me to another room which happened to be the next grade up - no complaints from me! Happy to report wifi speed was blazingly fast and I was back on track.

Although the entire staff went out of their way to always accomodate me, it was a gentlemen by the name of Naz who really stood out and went above and beyond to always make sure I was satisfied with ever aspect of my visit.

The hotel bar is another memorable feature of this hotel, not only because of the wonderful ambiance or extensive spirits selection but because of the perfectly friendly bartender Carlo who designed a very creative cocktail menu that is worth a visit even if you aren’t staying at the hotel. Speaking of ambience, this hotel has no shortage of that. The building is steep in history, it has been meticulously restored from when it was a boarding school so there’s plenty of lovely detail.

And ultimately, that is what this hotel is all about… detail. They obsess about it, as do I. Down to the smallest things you may even miss if you aren’t looking closely enough (i.e.. the complimentary mini bar and snack tray that is restocked during your entire trip - sans alcohol of course.) If there’s one downside, and it’s a small one and may be irrelevant to your stay, is that because it is so new most Uber drivers will have a very hard time finding the entrance. You may have to stand on Tooley street and tell the driver exactly where you are — which the staff actually took care of :)

I couldn’t recommend this hotel more enough and it will be the only hotel I stay when I travel on business to London. I’d like to personally thank the entire staff for making my visit so memorable, especially Naz.

Room Tip: Speak to staff before using Uber as drivers will struggle to get to the courtyard where you will most likely be waiting.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Arun K, General Manager at The Lalit London, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Dear Adam G,

Namaskar!

Thank you for such amazing feedback! We are happy to have been part of your wonderful experience at The LaLiT London. Our staff make the hotel what we are today. Our goal from start to finish is to ensure our guests have an authentic and unique experience at The LaLiT London. Our 70-bedroom boutique property boasts hand selected traditional Indian themed décor and exudes a warm atmosphere similar to being at home. Due to the age of this property we have had some extensive work done to modernise the facilities we provide, however there are some occasions where the building still gets in the way of the WiFi signal. We are currently rectifying this issue and expect a completion within a few weeks. As you mentioned our internet facilities are still very capable and we will always do our best to accommodate guest needs.
Our very suave cocktail & whisky bar managed by Carlo has been a treat for all guests who have indulged themselves, our talented mixologists have special homemade brews on hand ready to meet every taste palette.
Being a converted grammar school, this structure is all about maintaining the culture and history while indulging the senses. As we have just established our brand in London, we have been working closely with Google and other transport providers to sort out the small issue of self-service transportation. However, our team will always be on hand to assist.

We cannot wait for your next visit!

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Overall good experience and staff were very helpful specially Wilson Mendonca who was very helpful from start to finish.
Booking was easy and we were greeted on entry.
Building was Amazing.
Location was exceptional with east access from London bridge.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Arun K, General Manager at The Lalit London, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Dear 74habibm,

Namaskar!

Thank you for sharing your experience at The LaLiT London! We are pleased you had a great time during your stay. Our hotel is so fortunate to have such a wonderful team at the forefront of operations ensuring guest satisfaction. As the hotel is located towards the end of Tooley Street, we tend to avoid the main stir of the city, this promotes an added sense of calm amongst the hustle of daily life. You should definitely check out our Spa facilities during your next visit, with tailor made treatments available and traditional Indian massages, Rejuve is the place to be if you’re after some pampering.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

I don't remember the last time I could describe a hotel as "delightful". The outside is quintessential London. Topiary, old brick. Immaculate presentation. Well lit at night. Inside there are staff for every eventuality. Service with a capital S. Decor is decadent. Rooms are impressive. Bathrooms are fabulous. From heated loo-seats to floors and the most impressive breakfast hall I ever experienced. A VERY memorable hotel with admittedly a price tag to match. However, standards this high don't come cheap

Stayed: September 2017

Dear David M,

Namaskar!

Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate your feedback! Our restoration of St. Olave’s Grammar School into The LaLiT London has been a huge success. The hotel exudes traditional Indian culture and manages to keep the classy character from its original architecture. Our world class service reflects highly on the passionate staff we handpick to represent our brand, and our 70-bedroom boutique property manages to ease its way into the modern society while keeping all the traditional features we can all fall in love with.

We would love to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Wow! This treasure has it All and what these people don't know about service, is not worth knowing.
Such an incredible building with such character and charm and the decor has been done to an immaculate standard.
Fallen in love with this hotel and brand and will highly recommend.
Please don't change, it's hard to find a decent hotel in London these days.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo

Dear holliep961,

Namaskar!

We are so thrilled you enjoyed your stay here with us! Our wonderful team at The LaLiT London truly are the heart and soul of our guest experiences. We emphasise guest satisfaction and ensure that we engage with all our guests to best of our ability. Our impeccable service standards can only be matched by this grand building we are situated in. The red brick and stone dressing façade reflects the old and the cobalt blue themed Great Hall illustrates our future - the same cultured environment which once was.

We cannot wait see you again!

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Fabulous hotel, very friendly and welcoming staff. Retained the character of the Grammar School, rooms tastefully decorated and every modern comfort thought of. Delicious food and wonderful service provided by Danesh.

Room Tip: Rooms are very well insulated from noise.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Helen J
Arun K, General Manager at The Lalit London, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear Helen J,

Namaskar!

We love your wonderful feedback of The LaLiT London! Our extensive restoration of this wonderful Victorian British boys’ school has been a great success, we have managed to merge the time-honoured history of St Olave’s with traditional Indian styling - while maintaining the 21st century comforts we are so accustomed to. Our 70 individually crafted guestrooms offer one of the most unique accommodations in the city - aesthetically rich in luxury yet infused with the unique LaLiT style and sensibility.

We are also glad to hear that our Food & Beverage Supervisor Dinesh extended your wonderful experience in The Baluchi at the Great Hall. We will be sure to thank him on your behalf.
Definitely check out our new Autumn menu launching in just three weeks’ time.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!