All reviewswindow roomheathrow expresstoilet showershort stayneeded somewhereclean towelsrooms are smalltube stationensuitetelevisionbasin
Reviewed June 15, 2009

My girlfriend and I traveled here and spent 5 nights in a room on the third floor with a decent view of London rooftops.

Positives: The price tag of the hotel cannot be beat and is really economical. By staying here we were able to save a lot of money. However, due to the size of the room it would be more acceptable for a solo traveler. Our bathroom was also clean which was a nice surprise.

Negatives: So small! We read reviews before we left and thought that we could handle it. We couldn't. My girlfriend and I are thin people and we still had problems sleeping on what is really a twin bed. Additionally, if you have a large suitcase it is very unlikely that it will fit in the room. When getting ready in the morning we must have ran into each other over 10 times.

Another huge problem that I have with this hotel is the staff. We came early and paid the 5 pounds to leave our bags with the staff. The lady told us to come back after 3 and everything would be ready. We came back at 3:30 and found out that our room would not be ready until 4. Finally, when she told us the room was ready; the maid was still in there cleaning! Also, my girlfriend and I were willing to pay the extra 2 pounds for another pillow only the hotel did not have any! Worse than that, they did not bother to get any extra pillows for the duration of our stay. The comforter on our bed was also severely torn but I suppose that is normal at the easy hotel paddington.

4  Thank smithington
Reviewed June 6, 2009

I've been staying at the easyHotel Paddington for three nights.

Cleanliness & Service:
Let me start with the worst part: Bed Bugs (which I fortunately spotted in the first night). This is not necessarily a question of how the rooms are cleaned, but the staff at the reception seemed rather unconcerned. I was not offered another room but had to insist on it, and to actually get the room, I had to return early to make sure that not all other rooms were taken. At least the management seems to have taken care of the problem and my second room (on the same floor) was ok.
Other than that, both rooms and their bathrooms were reasonably clean, but you have to be aware that rooms are only cleaned when guests change or for an additional fee.

Rooms:
The rooms themselves provide the absolute minimum you need. It's sufficient for a weekend in the city but not suited for a longer stay. Like their web page says: there are "2 clothes hanging hooks provided", and there is hardly any room for luggage. There is no shelf or hook in the bathroom to put any toiletries.
For the rooms with a window to the street, there's another downside. The hotel is in a sidestreet and there's not much traffic, but there's a noisy bus stop right in front of the hotel. Besides that, the sound insulation between the rooms is also rather bad.

Location:
The location is pretty good, with Paddington station and the underground around the corner and lots of pubs and affordable restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
5  Thank just_here
Reviewed June 5, 2009

My wife and I stayed for one night and we were somewhat pleasantly surprised. The floor is hard and lacks that comfy hotel room feeling, but you understand why it's like that - easier for the hotel to clean and it's no big deal, there were clean towels on the bed - something we didn't actually expect, there was a TV - something we didn't expect (although a remote would've been handy), there was Dove soap dispensers in the en-suite (more than we expected). We stayed in Lower Ground 3, we had a card entry system on the door handle, the room was tiny, but adequate, there were 2 pegs on the wall that we used to hang our clothes on. There was a window looking out to a small services courtyard (but at least it meant you got some natural light into the room and some venitlation. We travelled light (hand luggage) - we were only in London for 1 night, after going to a wedding and for what we needed, it was perfect. We could've stayed somewhere else cheaper, but there is comfort in knowing that there will be a standard of cleanliness from a brand like those associated with Stellios. Staff were pleasant and business like as you would expect.

Good points: clean, affordable, air con, window, TV, en-suite.
Bad points: small room, no wardrobe

2  Thank Jonny_Wilson
Reviewed May 6, 2009

Just stayed the long weekend at EasyHotel Paddington, and did not find it to be too bad. I was there with my partner, and yes the room was cramped for the 2 of us, but literally we were only there to sleep, after all, in London, who wants to sit in their hotel room?

It was adequate for what we needed, clean, and relatively quiet. Staff were friendly, location was excellent in my opinion, very convenient and with good transportation connections. The immediate area has plenty of pubs and restaurants, and it is walking distance to everything if you are feeling energetic, or 10 minutes on a bus or tube train if you are not.

Its definitely not a 'memorable' experience to stay here, and not the kind of place you would dream of coming back to, however I would stay there again if I was in London and it was available at a good price. As long as you are not expecting too much, you should not be disappointed.

1  Thank El-Yuca-Ingles
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Stopped here for just one night (thank goodness). First the good things. It was clean. The bad things are:-
Room was tiny - about 8' x 6'. No wardrobe. Nowhere to put luggage. No soft lights for reading in bed. No tea/coffee making. No shelf to put toilet bag. Painted bright orange and sick colour. Lino on floor.

We paid about £70 for the room with no breakfast - FAR too much for this hostel standard accommodation. We left our bags at the hotel as we arrived too early for check in.... and were charged £5!!! The TV remote control even cost £5!!! An extra pillow? £2. A cup of tea or coffee? £1 from the lobby. Towel change? £1 each. Extra blanket? £2. Worst of all, if you want your room cleaned, it's another £10!!!!

This hotel is of poor standard, with awful rooms - smaller than a ships worst cabin! The price is a total rip off.... and EVERYTHING costs you extra. We shall never be going back - we'd prefer the comparative luxury of the YMCA to this rubbish hotel.

A complete and utter no-no for all but the least discerning travellers who are not averse to being ripped off at every turn.

DONT DO IT!