“Nearly there”

Ranked #117 of 837 Specialty Lodging in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nearly there”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Firstly, if I could give 3 and a half stars then I would...
My girlfriend and I stayed here last week for three nights (Sat-Tues.) This is the second time we have stayed in an EasyHotel so we knew what to expect. Last time it was for one night and we got a small room with no window and it really was a small room so this time we 'splashed out' and got a standard room with a window!
The hotel is in a great location, just a few minutes walk from Paddington station and 25-30 minutes from Leicester Square on the tube. The staff all seemed really friendly but we did have to wait 15 minutes (after check-in time) to get to our room.
The room was very small. Enough room for a double bed, space for the main door to open and then a bathroom with shower, sink and toilet. Now, it is what it is and I am not going to complain about the size as I knew it would be small. The room had a small radiator that heated it nicely and a small TV on the wall that you could pay extra to use. The room was clean and the shower was hot so no complaints on that either.
The shower is very small so it can be difficult to wash properly and the pressure does drop on occasion, presumably if other users get out of bed. Towels and linen were clean and these can be changed during your stay, again, for a small fee...
The issue with the hotel room is that you can't really socialise in it at all. You are always in the way of each other due to its size and there isn't an area in the hotel were you can just chill out, away from the room. Also, the whole hotel seems to be made of paper so if anyone makes any noise, you will hear it. Unfortunately, we had a group of guys who kept us up one evening but the other nights were generally OK. Cleaning starts early so that might wake you up too.
I wouldn't stay here if I was in London 'on business' as the sleep you get might not get you through your meeting.
All in all, I enjoyed my stay but I wouldn't rush back in a hurry unless I was short of cash again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DBenedict

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have stayed here a few times when taking an early flight to the USA from Heathrow. It is a short walk to Paddington Rail Station and you can then be in the terminal in approximately 20 minutes using the Heathrow Express. Note that this expensive rail journey offsets the cost-saving made in the hotel but I have found this combination to be efficient and relatively painless compared to other options. Certainly the rooms are small (don't unpack) but I suggest minimising the room-time - eat in Micky's excellent chip shop (just over the road) and go out for the rest of the evening. You can walk along Edgware road and take in the sights of 'Little Beirut/Lebanon' and easily reach Marble Arch/Oxford Street for cinemas/shopping. I have found this hotel to be clean, trouble-free and friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms are very restricted for space - I guess you could book one of the twin/standard rooms for...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CDlondon2013
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at easyHotel Paddington London, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your review. It’s a perfect summary of what one can expect from easyHotel Paddington. The location is definitely a bonus for our guests.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and for putting up a fantastic five star review! Hope to see you soon again!
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Read trip advisor and checked the easyhotels website before arriving so knew what to expect. It does exactly what it said it would do. value room at a great price in the middle of London. Room is small but ok. It was clean and the staff were great. Bathroom is tiny but not a surprise so ok. TV is chargable but good selection of channels. Had room G07 and that was a room with a window(no View) but it was quiet and I heard no noise from outside. No breakfast is served but large choice outside in the street and only 3-5 min walk to Paddington station. In summary very small but great location and great price. understand what you are booking and you will not have any surprises. Web access ok as well not a bad speed.

Room Tip: G07 had no view to speak of from the window but it was quiet and room and a bit of room to move
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SLDXB
AbidaA_12, Social Media Representative at easyHotel Paddington London, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and leaving a lovely review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at easyhotel Paddington. There is not much to say as you have said it all.
Looking forward to see you in the near future.

Regads
Sohail
Social Media Representative
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I could not believe how small the rooms in this hotel are, it was as if I was staying in a sardine can. You literally have no room to move about, I was not happy. The majority of the rooms share similar dimensions, so it is pointless to request a new booking.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
AbidaA_12, at easyHotel Paddington London, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with easyhotel Paddington and leaving a review. We regret to hear that your stay with us was not satisfactory. You can always ask for a room transfer if you are not happy with the room allocated to you and our staff will be more than happy to help you. We do have rooms of different sizes. Please visit our web www.easyhotel.com for more details.
Thank you once again and looking forward to see you.

Regards
Sohail
Social Media Representative

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Araranguá, Santa Catarina, Brazil
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Several friends had warned me about how small EasyHotel was, but I just couldn't believe my eyes when I got there. There was barely room for me to stand up! And I was not alone, I was there with my husband and we had 3 large bags! So, if you're in a couple and have a lot of luggage, do not stay there! Besides the size, we payed extra for a room with a window, but the window did not open properly and when we finally opened a bit to check the view, we could only see another wall. The window was not even enough to check if it was sunny outside. However, the hotel was clean and the location is privileged. There is a cafeteria beside the hotel where you can have breakfast for 3 or 4 pounds. The hotel staff is not extremely friendly, but they helped us when we needed to make a phone call and when we needed an adapter for the outlet.

Room Tip: Front rooms have real windows.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at easyHotel Paddington London, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Ana,

We are very pleased that you found our hotel well located. The area benefits from a range of cafes, restaurants and bars.Our aim is to provide basic accommodation at an affordable rate in Central London. We leave all the add-ons optional for our guests.

Our sincere apologies if you’ve experienced any discomfort during your stay. We will continue making improvements and we thank you for your suggestions and observations.

It'll be a pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to London.
Abida
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

As it was cheap to stay here and its just a bed for the night , myself and fiancee booked in for 2 nights , we arrived early and as check in is 3pm we were allowed to leave two cases for £5.00 instead of paying £15.00 to check in early. by the time we got back to the hotel for the first night stay we arrived back at 6pm, we were giving a key for the first floor as we had booked in for 2 nights. I was shocked as i expected it to be bad but it was fine, Great space and was happy as we had booked one with a window and it opened as most easy hotels windows don't and are just for show. If your thinking of booking then let me know and i will give you our room number.

There is no point in paying £5 for a remote not many channels on the tv and you can change he channel by using the tv anyways.

BBc 1, itv1, channel 4 and channel 5, itv2 nickelodeon,scifi, the wifi in most of the hotels have a free 30mins but this one doesn't it charges £4 for 1 hour, but we never used the internet.

Its right round from the hospital and there is eating places in the street, the nearest bank would be post-office for a ATM machine.

Bad points !!

1. Our small bathroom had ants coming from the sink , reason not sure
2. If 2 people are using the room they only supply you with 1 big towel and 1 small towel for 2 people.

Room Tip: if you book a room with a window its just for show but the hotel fail to tell you this so if you get...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at easyHotel Paddington London, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Gaz,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We have of course closely analysed all the negative points outlined in your feedback. Please feel free to get in touch with the Duty Manager directly at zohaib.khan@paddington.easyhotel.com if you would like to discuss your stay in a more in-depth manner.

We hope to see you again soon and provide you with a better experience!
York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

My fiance and i come to London from York once in about every 2 weeks. He gets called to St Marys Hospital which is under 1min from the hotel. We have stayed at a range of hotels in central London. Because he was on night shift location was a priority so he can come and sleep quick hence the 5 stars. Next we read the reviews. We like everything basic and hate wasting money on things like hotels. We booked through another site which said double ensuite... thats all we needed. We entered it and it smelt of poo. I opened the tiny ensuite and there was poo in the toilet. I was mortified. The thing is the flushes are ones where you hold for the water to come out then you have to press stop ao obviously the last person did not hold it long enough.Tissue on the holder was running out so we knew that the room had not been cleaned even though we checked in at 6pm. Next problem the bed. The pillows were so low. You would expect to have 2 each and have the choice of removing one if needed. Anyway i wasnt fussy and gave my pillow to my fiance when he came back from work, i just slept ontop of the towels. Next problem is that we only located one plug in our room which was far away. You could not plug your laptop or phone charger and sit on the bed. Basically to get a sense of the room is you step in and 2 large steps and then your bed... so yes you might say how far is this plug. Next we told them about how we wanted to leave at 1pm instead of the usual check out time for 10am. They said thats fine just tell the cleaners when they knock on your door. I told them im telling you i dont want someone knocking on the door and disturb us sleeping yet they came.we are light sleepers so thereafter we could not sleep. A total shambles. There are so many other cheap places locally. Dont go here. I will be saying i told you so.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank susan_jad
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at easyHotel Paddington London, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Susan,

Thank you for your review and we sincerely apologize for the issues you ran into during your stay with us.

Please feel free to reach out to us directly at zohaib.khan@paddington.easyhotel.com and we will be happy to discuss your stay further. In the meantime, we appreciate your feedback as we work to improve our guest experience and our team will discuss your comments.

Regards,