“Do NOT stay here!”

Draycotts of Chelsea
Ranked #599 of 896 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed in Apartment 1 with my wife & child (08/12/12) and the service was unsatisfactory, examples; toilet seat selotaped, broken shower head, broken heating…
obviously poor maintenance and bad customer service as the building itself and location were very good.
I contacted reception by phone as the desk was unmanned to be told there was nothing they could do about the issues.
I have now been waiting over 3 weeks for Draycotts of Chelsea to answer their phone or reply to my multiple emails / form complaints.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Chris H
There are newer reviews for Draycotts of Chelsea

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here in September. I must say the hotel is decorated wonderfully and seemed to be intact. We stayed here in 2010. However, The management must have changed as the service and customer care is awful. We were greeted by a person whom barely spoke any English. As many of the other reviewers commented, there is no housekeeping over the weekend. It is disappointing that you pay for that service. The prices did increase significantly since our last stay. Our towels weren't changed at all neither were the linens, although they had stains on them.

Finally, once we checked out there was no procedure. Since we had to leave at 8am we called Kaz, which he didn't respond. Thankfully I bumped into another resident staying at Draycotts and confirmed with him Kaz's number which was different to ours. So I called that number and he didn't answer. Looking at trip advisor the majority recommended either you keep the keys at the reception or the room. We left the keys in the room. The last time we were here the housekeeper came took the keys from us personally.

We were looking forward to our stay as what we experienced in 2010 was much better. After our recent visit we decided that our next trip to London will definitely not be here again. As a previous guest at Draycotts and seen the significant difference in service, I don't really recommend this property anymore. It's a shame as I loved the flats with their minor faults and the location. I will definitely do my research and see what serviced apartments are available in the area.

Best,

J

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Almondew
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I will not waste my time on explaining how horrible this place is. Many have expressed my opinion in previous reviews. The management is abysmal and unhelpful. Very odd place and staff! They were no where to be found hence making the place very very nonsecure. Will never book to stay there again.

I am a Senior Contributor on Tripadvisor and trust me, this is not an up to minimum standard of service place to stay in. I recommend their neighbors "The Apartments" they have favorable prices and exceptional service.

Room Tip: The Apartments are way better than Draycotts of Chelsea!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank AFA86
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We arrived early (8:00AM) on a Sunday, after an overnight flight from Canada, and when we arrived at the hotel, found the door to the hotel was locked. I called the number given when we booked and Kaz answered promptly and gave me the code to open the door, so we could drop off our luggage. We came back to the hotel after breakfast and wandering around for a few hours and checked in, to a top floor apartment (around 70 stairs as there isn't an elevator.) The apartment was terrific, beautiful bathroom, heated towel rack, kitchen, great bed and pillows and close to pubs, bistro's and shopping. My only advise, is if you are arriving early, ensure that they know the time, so someone will be there for you.

Room Tip: Ask for apratment 8, beautiful apartment, well laid out
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Have just spent three nights in the one bedroom deluxe apartment. As others have mentioned from previous reviews, the toilet lid is still broken. The fires that are advertised on the website are decorative and do not function, not good when you have a 5 month old child and its ten degrees in London, two small (dangerous) fan heaters provided instead. Shower head was so blocked it took my girlfriend half an hour to unblock. The blinds are still broken in the living room. The fire alarm panel in the foyer beeps incessantly to indicate a fault with a detector head on floor three, apart from being annoying as you can hear it in apartment it is probably illegal anyway.

The king size bed............ well in most parts of the world that I have travelled in it would be classed, (and this is being generous) as a small queen. Probably my biggest disappointment as I am a large person.

On a positive note, the location cannot be faulted and Kaz was available even though none of the problems were sorted out, he did allow us a late check out, I guess as a gesture. Unfortunately had already booked another weekend later in November will be interesting to see if anything has improved however I guess by the number of similar reviews they probably will not have.

Also the weather was fantastic..........

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank George G
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I visited relatives in the one bedroomed apartment. It is stunning, very high end furnishings, very upmarket. The double bedroom is large with huge TV and ensuite. The living/kitchen area is very big and has two sofas that fold down to make double beds. Huge TV, lovely fireplace. Lovely dining table/chairs area. Very expensive looking kitchen. Definately a much better alterative to a hotel especially if you need to accommodate 4-5 people. Minutes away from the Kings Road shops and Sloane Square station so fantastic place if you want to look round London. My only regret is that I dont owe it and live there all the time!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ellenkeegan
Reviewed October 9, 2012

In London for 1 night and found the apartments were very close to where our family live so jumped at the chance of staying here, 5 of us in total, a week or so before arrival I recieved an email with a MAJOR WARNING, to alert me that there were to be no more thank 5 people in the apartment at any time. Arrived at apartment after recieving a call to ask where we were, running 30 minutes later than had previously stated.
We were shown around the room and then in to the bathroom, to be told the lid of the toilet seat was broken, that didnt really bother me too much, but thought its meant to be a 4* surely as soon as they knew about toilet seat being broken it would be fixed, then we were left to our own devices in the hotel, and we were taking some pictures as a family does, i went to pull up the main blind in the living room area only to find it was broken too.
The apartment itself was great plenty of seating good sized bedroom and lots of space for 5 people, good facilities in the kitchen as well.
No Ironing facilities.
Very close to the Kings Road and Sloan Square station.
Would definatly consider staying here again, because of the close proximity to my other family's home.

Room Tip: Appartment 3, was a lovely one, but would have been 100% if toilet seat wasnt broken and blind worke...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family