“Very Average”
Review of The Mogul

The Mogul
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mogul is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,341 of 23,866 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The restaurant has some good dishes and a fantastic location in the heart of greenwich, however the management need to sort their standard of service out, which is indeed very mediocre.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

First impression it's a nice looking restaurant in the heart of greenwich and the only indian in the area.
We was seated and the waiter came up and was Spanish, nothing against that but always abit wary when that happens, like you wouldn't want to see a Londoner serving you in a Chinese.
Food was very average, chicken dry and sauce resembled out of a jar, and the price didn't match the quality, Great cold kingfisher on tap though.
Also need to have music playing to create an atmosphere.
I don't think I would return.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

As soon as we walked in, we were directed downstairs. It was very tight upstairs. Downstairs too seemed tight. As i sat down i felt as if i was falling off the affixed bench. They were so narrow off the wall. Also, we had to pull table forward from the wall ourselves whilst waiter stood and watched!

We were soon directed back upstairs.

I was not comfortable there either, as i was on inside and my husband sat on outside and the table was set (by us),to our comfortability until the waiter asked my husband to push his chair and also the table in due to lack of space.

Didn't get great service at all as waiter (older guy) was not attentive! When we ordered drinks, he told us to wait and came back to us only after he cleared tables (they were not busy).

We had poppadoms and went straight into ordering mains as we had drinks and tapas at another place beforehand. The waiter came across as annoyed when he suggested we have starters and when we told him we weren't that hungry for them. His actual words, 'what are you doing here then?' My husband joked and said 'ok we'll go then!' To which there was no response.

I ordered an Austalian wine initially but didn't fancy it again so asked for the drinks menu. As soon as he handed it to me, he badmouthed the wine i has just drank. I laughed it off. He then suggested I try another wine. I said ok. He took my glass away, didn't come back for ages and started tidying up behind his serving counter. 6 or 7 mins later he decided to open up a bottle and let me taste abit then told me its not the one he suggested because they'd run out!!

Overall, to much faffing about and not enough attention to detail at all. Toilets are up some awkward stairs and are horrible and tiny. Need to be addressed alittle in my opinion.

Food was mediocre. Biryani was bland.

Usually leave a tip in every restaurant, not here!

I'm an average sized female, so shouldn't really be made to feel like Alice in Wonderland when I'm paying top prices and merely trying to celebrate my husbands birthday.
Staff overall did not have friendly faces on them at all. Our waiter (older guy) tried to be funny but was just annoying. Shame!!

1  Thank sukhp
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Visited this restaurant in Nov'13 on a weekday evening for dinner. First impression - tables were set too close together. Service was cold, bordering on dismissive, even though the place was not very busy. Ordered chicken curry accompanied by sides. While the plates were warm (always a plus point), food itself was tepid. Chicken in the curry, to our utter dismay was overcooked, chewy and stringy. Flavour itself was unremarkable. Not going back.

1  Thank Aviln
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This restaurant is on the main Greenwich Church Street, just at the bottom corner of the market right in the centre of the town. We dined on a Saturday afternoon so it was quiet but the service was good, the young waiter was very helpful and polite, and the food was very tasty and reasonably priced. Highly Recommended.