“Alice in Wonderland”
Review of The Mogul

The Mogul
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mogul is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,424 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Reviewed December 20, 2013

As soon as we walked in, we were directed downstairs. It was very tight upstairs. Downstairs too seemed tight. As i sat down i felt as if i was falling off the affixed bench. They were so narrow off the wall. Also, we had to pull table forward from the wall ourselves whilst waiter stood and watched!

We were soon directed back upstairs.

I was not comfortable there either, as i was on inside and my husband sat on outside and the table was set (by us),to our comfortability until the waiter asked my husband to push his chair and also the table in due to lack of space.

Didn't get great service at all as waiter (older guy) was not attentive! When we ordered drinks, he told us to wait and came back to us only after he cleared tables (they were not busy).

We had poppadoms and went straight into ordering mains as we had drinks and tapas at another place beforehand. The waiter came across as annoyed when he suggested we have starters and when we told him we weren't that hungry for them. His actual words, 'what are you doing here then?' My husband joked and said 'ok we'll go then!' To which there was no response.

I ordered an Austalian wine initially but didn't fancy it again so asked for the drinks menu. As soon as he handed it to me, he badmouthed the wine i has just drank. I laughed it off. He then suggested I try another wine. I said ok. He took my glass away, didn't come back for ages and started tidying up behind his serving counter. 6 or 7 mins later he decided to open up a bottle and let me taste abit then told me its not the one he suggested because they'd run out!!

Overall, to much faffing about and not enough attention to detail at all. Toilets are up some awkward stairs and are horrible and tiny. Need to be addressed alittle in my opinion.

Food was mediocre. Biryani was bland.

Usually leave a tip in every restaurant, not here!

I'm an average sized female, so shouldn't really be made to feel like Alice in Wonderland when I'm paying top prices and merely trying to celebrate my husbands birthday.
Staff overall did not have friendly faces on them at all. Our waiter (older guy) tried to be funny but was just annoying. Shame!!

1  Thank sukhp
There are newer reviews for The Mogul

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Visited this restaurant in Nov'13 on a weekday evening for dinner. First impression - tables were set too close together. Service was cold, bordering on dismissive, even though the place was not very busy. Ordered chicken curry accompanied by sides. While the plates were warm (always a plus point), food itself was tepid. Chicken in the curry, to our utter dismay was overcooked, chewy and stringy. Flavour itself was unremarkable. Not going back.

1  Thank Aviln
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This restaurant is on the main Greenwich Church Street, just at the bottom corner of the market right in the centre of the town. We dined on a Saturday afternoon so it was quiet but the service was good, the young waiter was very helpful and polite, and the food was very tasty and reasonably priced. Highly Recommended.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I visited on a Friday night in October 2013 and was not impressed. The food was Ok, but nothing special. I have had much better. However it was the service and 'attitude' of the staff that means I won't be going back. The younger waiter was fine, but the older guy was rude and unpleasant and really made it clear that customers are a nuisance. We did not feel our custom was appreciated, in fact we felt he'd really rather we weren't there at all! Definitely wont bother going back, there are far better curry houses elsewhere and plenty of other restaurants to choose from locally.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Walked around the small square around 730 pm , this place was the busiest. Can be seated either upstairs which is a little tight or have a romantic dinner downstairs. The Karai panner and spinach with garbanzos had a lot of distinctive flavors, shared a naan. The meal had us pretty stuffed, as an appetizer had the papadamas which had a good pickled sauce, sweet sauce and yoghurt and mint. Friendly staff. Does not take Discover card despite the sticker on the door.