Originally booked the hotel as it looked like a great little boutique hotel, with the option to go in a Junior Suit (giving myself and partner more space). We've been in and out of hotels in London for the past 3 weeks, so we're looking forward to staying in a more comfortable larger room. On the day of check in I got a call at 4pm telling me that they have extended the stay of another guest so we can no longer have the room requested. Great. So they put us in a tiny little room (which is exactly what we didn't want). Tried to find another hotel, but everything was fully booked. We received no compensation or discount. On arrival staff were rude and uptight, there was no help with luggage. On the next evening we went to the terrace for a drink where once again staff were rude and uptight. We we're abruptly removed from the terrace at 11pm with no prior warning and drinks still to finish (we we're the only one's out there!). When going back to our room we we're stopped by a member of staff claiming they need pre-authorisation on our card making us feel like we had done something wrong, after 15 minutes of waiting around, we were ALLOWED to retire to our room. It's now 11:25pm.
Overall a lovely little hotel, but the whole point of a boutique hotel is that it's a home from home. Friendly, laid back, personable staff with a relaxed and welcoming attitude. This we did not receive at Ten Manchester Street. Such a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ten Manchester Street is a boutique hotel in Marylebone with 45 unique bedrooms housed in a beautiful Edwardian building. The hotel is located within 5 minutes walking distance of Baker Street station and 10 minutes walking from Oxford street and Bond Street station. Ten Manchester Street Hotel also boasts a walk-in 'Hunters & Frankau' designed humidor, all-weather cigar terrace and a Cigar Shop and indoor Tasting Room, offering a comprehensive range of hand-rolled Havanas plus many other famous Cuban marques. Our exclusive Dieci Restaurant, serving modern Italian cuisine, is the perfect place to relax and enjoy yourself with rare fine wines and a selection of menus, including our famous Afternoon Tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your No Ten Manchester Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- No. Ten Manchester Street Hotel London
- No. 10 Manchester Street
- No Ten Manchester Street London, England