No Ten Manchester Street
  • Pool
$347
$215
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$185
$164
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
$252
Orbitz.com
$261
$242
  • Restaurant
All reviewswallace collectionfrom baker street tube stationcourtyard roomgrand suiteboutique hotelquiet streetlovely hotelsmall hoteljust round the cornerbed was very comfortableperfect locationmini barlong weekendfew minutes walkthe ground floorlovely roomweekend break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Stayed the night as a surprise treat for my fiance. Staff were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable throughout stay. Food was excellent and the cigar lounge is a real treat for those who want the occasional cigar but don't want to sit in the rain. I don't smoke myself but it was really pleasant to sit in the airy, heated terrace and I didn't feel at all 'choked', and it meant my partner could enjoy a cigar as a treat. Bedroom, although not huge, was clean and modern. Would visit again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
StefanoLodi, Resident Manager at No Ten Manchester Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for visiting Ten Manchester Street Hotel and for your kind comments.
I will make sure i will pass it on to all members of my team. I am looking forward in personally welcoming you back to Ten in the near future. In the meantime, I send my warmest regards.

Reviewed March 26, 2010

I was really looking forward to a luxurious weekend in a great location, but have been very disappointed. I just checked into the hotel arriving from Easyhotel at Victoria for GBP 25/night. No. Ten Manchester Street is the same size as Easyhotel, but 7times more expensive.
Ensure you don’t intend to work as you will have no space in the room. The receptionist recommended working in the lobby area. Overall, 0 value for money.
On the positive side, the location is great and the hotel has free wireless.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank femma01
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I stayed in this hotel over the weekend. It was my first time, and the hotel had left a great impression on me. The prices are reasonable, and the service is wonderful. I have traveled a lot and don't rememebr the last time when I felt so unique. The hotel is small, but has a great atmosphere and the staff are extremely professional and very welcoming.
The location is very central, in less than five minutes you are at some of the best central shopping streets

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelerfromSwitzlnd

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed yor stay and i hope that we will be seeing you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2010

Nice Hotel in a good location. The staff were helpful and friendly and the rooms clean and modern.

I have only two complaints...

1. I was woken up on both mornings by room service knocking on doors on the same hall as my room. That was really annoying.

2. They add a service charge to your bill for no apparent reason. I had booked and paid in full online, and then on check out I had to pay almost £3.00 a night for service charge. It's not a big cost, but I thought it was cheeky. I didn't ask for room service or anything extra. Once I questioned it, I was told it was optional, but that wasn't said until I quized it.

Other than that, it's quite small with small rooms, but London hotels are generally not large anyhow, so that's not an issue for me.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I like this hotel and will go back as it is very well priced for the standard of the rooms, public spaces and excellent location for shopping. However, if they put the rates up above £200 per night, if I'm staying longer than 2 nights or if I'm coming to London on a leisure break I think that there are much better options in London.

In terms of location it is situated between Selfridges and Baker Street tube station (5 minutes walk each way). It is on a quiet street and the Marylebone area is excellent for boutiques, bars and restaurants.

Rooms are on the small side. The first time I stayed I was upgraded to a suite which was lovely but I remember thinking then how small it was. On my last stay I was upgraded from a standard room to a superior and if it wasn't for the bay window the room would have felt very small. This isn't helped by the fact that the room faced an internal courtyard with windows from another building only about 30 feet away. This meant that the blinds had to be down the entire time as you felt that others could look directly into the room. One other dislike with the room was that whilst the bathroom was well appointed it was very small. So small in fact that whilst you stand in the shower you are looking directly down the toilet basin which was placed alongside the shower's glass door. I reiterate that this was not even the smallest class of room.

The bar is very nice but small and it would have been more relaxing if someone from the reservations or corporate team hadn't been using it as an office at the time. Maybe there are real space issues at No. 10 but listening to the person negotiating rates for repeat customers wasn't very professional.

What is excellent is the cigar bar which is outside but with very comfy chairs and gas heaters.

One concern I would have is that the management need to address the coldness of some of the staff in the bar (possibly unintentional). Quite alot of the time (and I don't know if this is because of language issues, on their part) they wouldn't ask if you needed anything but just look at you and wait for you to say something. It's only a small thing but the staff are probably what turns a good hotel into a great one.

Finally - the breakfast. I hope that it was a one-off but I have never experienced such a shambles in my life. It would have been funny in a 'Fawlty Towers' way if I hadn't been paying for the privelage of being cocked about with. Whether it was having to ask for cutlery, cups and butter; waiting interminable amounts of time for something as simple as coffee and orange juice; being given chilli sauce rather than tomato ketchup or being served hard boiled poached eggs, the No. Ten breakfast team managed it all. I also wasn't the only one experiencing this as a family of tourists were refusing to pay for their breakfast as they were made to wait over an hour for an order.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business