This was supposed to be a nice relaxed Saturday night in London. I specifically chose the place due to the: a) cigar bar and b) the supposed friendly staff. In summary what happened was below.
a) Waited 25 minutes at reception to check in. This wait was attributed to the lay-out of the reception. It must be hard to see somebody over a desk.
b) We received an un-scheduled 0430 alarm call from reception. Suddenly they were keen to talk. They did offer us an apology for this and a free breakfast (see below) though
c) The room smelt of cooked bacon as the room was above the kitchen
d) The cigar bar was closed.
e) The supplies in the room were half empty
f) The phones in the room didn't work (apart from to receive that wonderful 0430 call).
g) The free breakfast was offered to us as we checked out.
All in all a rubbish hotel that seems to think a couple of plasma tvs and some nice toiletries make up for bad service. You are hardly pushed for alternatives in this part of town so spend your money elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ten Manchester Street is a boutique hotel in Marylebone with 45 unique bedrooms housed in a beautiful Edwardian building. The hotel is located within 5 minutes walking distance of Baker Street station and 10 minutes walking from Oxford street and Bond Street station. Ten Manchester Street Hotel also boasts a walk-in 'Hunters & Frankau' designed humidor, all-weather cigar terrace and a Cigar Shop and indoor Tasting Room, offering a comprehensive range of hand-rolled Havanas plus many other famous Cuban marques. Our exclusive Dieci Restaurant, serving modern Italian cuisine, is the perfect place to relax and enjoy yourself with rare fine wines and a selection of menus, including our famous Afternoon Tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your No Ten Manchester Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- No. Ten Manchester Street Hotel London
- No. 10 Manchester Street
- No Ten Manchester Street London, England