“"Loved It"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #212 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Kildare, Ireland
“"Loved It"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I booked a 3 night weekend break from Thursday 4th October to the 7th 2012 for 6 adults for my brothers 40th birthday. We all totally loved this hotel. We stayed in the 'Superior Queen Rooms' and they were spotlessly clean and had everything we needed. The beds were so comfortable great for relaxing after a day shopping and sight seeing before heading out that night. We especially want to thank 'Maurizio' who was working the night shift and served us drinks in the lounge, he was really friendly and very accommodating so Thank You.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joan D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Although the room was quite small (we had 2 suitcases and 2 cabin suitcases), the location made up for this. We found the service to be fantastic. We arrived by cab and we didnt realise the 20 pound note we had been keeping since our last visit to the UK was now obsolete. The taxi driver would not accept it and the cab did not take credit card. However the hotel paid for the taxi and added the charge to our bill.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank JetsetterPerth
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Hotel No. Ten Manchester Street was just what we were looking for to relax and enjoy our vacation. High standarts butique hotel. We loved it's style, It's spacious. The hotel is esthetically pleasing, comfortable, quiet, and relaxing. The location is GREAT.The team is very kind and helpful aspesialy Neil Doherty. Breakfast was nice. I would recommend the hotel to anyone visiting London.

1 Thank MariannaLanda
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I took my boyfriend here for his 30th birthday on Saturday 29th September for one night. We live close by to London so whenever we stay in London in tends to be one of the top 5* hotels but I thought I would try something different and go for something a bit smaller.

I booked a garden terrace which was great. The outside space was quite large but it was fitted out well with garden furniture, umbrella and outdoor heaters. Just one negative point...the fence to the side of us was too low and we could see into next doors terrace...luckily I don't think any one was staying there so it worked out ok for us.

The room was nice and so was the bathroom. It was small but you if you have experience of staying in London hotels you will understand that most hotels rooms are small unless you book a suite (and even then they are probably smaller than usual ones). It was clean which is a big priority to me. The staff were friendly and the smoking room at the back of the hotel is a bonus (you don't have to smoke cigars, I don't, to sit in there and have a drink and a snack. All in all a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Garden Terrace - I called up and requested the largest of the terrace room which they happily arrang...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Traveller863086
Manhattan, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Neil Doherty has been the best concierges my family has ever had, so when he made the move to No. Ten Manchester Street I had to follow. My business life has had me in London several times over the last year, and this month became my first opportunity to reconnect with Neil and be introduced to his new hotel.

Neither disappointed; everyone and everything about the place satisfied. A comfortable room, extraordinary service, and one of my favorite neighborhoods in the city. Good air conditioning (always a plus in London) and efficient Wifi (a necessity in my work) added to the experience.

When you arrive, ask for Neil. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Northern England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Over the years I have gradually collected a handful of hotels that are really top-notch without being top-priced.
No 10 Manchester Street can now be added to that list. I chose this hotel as I don't appreciate the standard format places where you can locate the bathroom in the dark as they are all the same whether in London or New York.
From the moment you enter and are greeted by reception until the time the hall porter calls a taxi as you leave it is just an up-market home from home.

1 Thank Longhaul-uk
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here on my wedding night recently and got a Junior Suite for £200 - bang slap in the middle of Olympic season when most other hotels were going stupid on their prices. This was such a bargain. The room wasn't massive but big enough to fit me, my son, my best friend, my mother, sister, mother-in-law and aunt and a photographer in for sandwiches and champers before the wedding without too much squeezing!

Beautifully decorated and lovely comfy bed. Lovely big shower and luxury bathrobes/toiletries etc. Fridge in the room for the champagne. Staff friendly and helpful and all came to see me leave in my wedding dress - very personal touch.

Small full English breakfast for the £15 or so it cost but to be expected in a Central London hotel. One piece of bacon more would fix it without a massive dent in the profit margin.

One thing wrong with the room is that the hair dryer and plug socket was in the wardrobe but the mirror was on the other side of the room and there was no plug socket by the mirror. Can't see across the room to dry your hair properly. A mirror fixed to the inside of the wardrobe would quickly fix this.

My only gripe really was that my sister had arranged an upgrade for us to the Grand Suite but they had not processed the change properly and given the room to another couple the day before. Very annoying and clumsy bit of admin error.

Room Tip: If your budget can stretch to a junior suite, I'd go for it as the other rooms might be quite sm...
1 Thank cherryblossomfeet