“Lovely boutique hotel in great area”

No Ten Manchester Street
Ranked #263 of 1,071 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and just love the area -- full of great restaurants, shops (including nearby Oxford St.) and pubs, and walking distance to lots of attractions (including the Wallace Collection just down the end of Manchester). The hotel is cozy and charming, with lots of atmosphere. The place was recently renovated, so it is looking fresh. Room decor is stylish, but many of the rooms are very small. The staff are very helpful and friendly, especially Neil. There's a cozy cigar and bar lounge on a balcony off the back of the main floor with a nice "light bites" menu. There's also a restaurant just inside the lounge with a full menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant, which were both good (however, I recommend breakfast at Blandford's Cafe which is just one block away on Chiltern St. It's at least half the price of the hotel restaurant breakfast). Also, if you need to get any laundry done, don't use the hotel service -- there are several dry cleaners in the area with 24 hour service at 65% less cost). The hotel is on a quiet street that is mainly residential. We stayed in one of the 4 garden terrace rooms, which have a small walled-in terrace with a umbrella and heating lamps (makes it useable in cooler and rainy weather.) Our first room was #108, and it is the smallest of the 4 garden terrace rooms. We asked and were moved to #102, which is about 20% bigger and has a small desk with chair, which was great for working. Cocktails in the bar were very expensive, so don't plan on having too many! There was free internet, which we really appreciated. The bed was very comfortable, but while they advertise their beds as Kings, they are actually Queens by US standards.

Room Tip: If you like lots of fresh air, choose a garden terrace room. But avoid room #108 -- it is the smalle...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for No Ten Manchester Street

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I've stayed at No. Ten a few times now, and i have to say it is amazing.

The room are immaculate, and the maids even came in to turn the bedroom around for the night which is such a nice touch. On one time they put fresh fruit in my room every couple of days.

The staff have always been polite, professional and willing to assist with any requests where possible. The concierge is always nearby for any questions about the local area, and very patient and clear to those of us who have no idea of Marylebone which is really great. When I had a request to stay in a room on a higher floor, the reception were very efficient in finding me a solution where I would be able to change on the following night as I arrived late on my first night and the first floor was the only remaining room, so that was very helpful.

I ate in the restaurant once during my stay and I have to say if I hadn't left it until the last night to try it, I'd have eaten there every night! The menu is modern Italian and I'm told that the chefs in the kitchen are actually mostly Italian - and it shows. the food was awesome. I recommend the strozzapretti!

The only thing that I had to "complain" about was that the tv signal was weak. After 5 minutes, the maintenance manager popped in and pushed the arial back into the tv and it was fine...

I cannot recommend it enough. I want to live there!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the corner, on the higher floors. They seem to be the biggest.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank C0conut
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed here for seven nights as a solo traveller in room 506 (top room floor), which is a petit double. As other reviewers say, the rooms are very small - it would be a tight squeeze for two adults for more than a night or two. The room is very modern - TV is wall mounted, bathroom has a shower (no bath), free wi-fi, and there is a small cupboard with mini-bar inside. The blackout shades were a nice touch, and the neigborhood is very quiet, especially considering it is so close to Baker Street and Oxford Street. There also is no real lobby - only a few oversized chairs by the reception desk. Everything was very clean and there is a lift. Location was wonderful - easy access to Heathrow via the tube and a ten minute walk to Oxford Street and the Bond Street tube station. Staff were friendly and helpful.

My only criticisms of the room/hotel were:
1) There was no desk or table of any tupe in the petit double, so there really wasn't room to leave things out. I kind of had to pack and unpack my luggage each day so I didn't trip over it and so that housekeeping could easily service the room. This was manageable though.

2) Housekeeping set up their "station" directly outside my room each morning, so there was a bit of clanking and people walking from 8am onward or so. It would be better if they set up by the lift, which isn't immediately next to the guest rooms.

3) I'm not a fan of hotels automatically adding 3% service tip to bills. I would tolerate this more if I was travelling on business and could expense the additional fee, but hotels aren't inexpensive in London, so 3% adds up for a long stay.

I would stay here again if the price was right - I would request a room on the 5th floor, peferably towards the end of the hallways.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 5th floor, peferably towards the end of the hallways.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank anchmer
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We spent 3 nights at this wonderful hotel.The stuff is very friendly and the rooms are clean and very modern. The Marelybone High Street is only a few steps away and there are a lot of pubs and boulangeries (for a short breakfast). Although it is located near to the Oxfort Street it is quiet.
We can fully recommend this hotel !

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was initially booked into a Petite Double and they aren't exagerating the room is tiny, you can hardly move around the bed and there is virtually no cupboard space so I upgraded to a Superior Double, which was superb. The staff are exceptionally helpful, the food in the bistro is reasonably priced and very delicious although probably not the right spot to languish over a relaxed wine soaked meal. I would highly recommend it - the perfect London bolt hole, in midst of all the bustle but quiet, beautifully appointed but not pretentious.

Room Tip: I didnt look for the gym or the swimming pool so Im not sure if there is one.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We spent two nights at Ten Manchester Street when we visited London for an event taking place close by. It is located in a part of London that is quiet and away from the usual tourist attractions yet is a few steps from the lively Marelybone High Street and a short stroll from Oxford Street. The Wallace Collection and the Wigmore Hall are also very close.

The room was very comfortable and clean. The decor and furniture were stylish. However, the lighting was subdued in what appears to to be the current fashion. In our opinion it was just too dark to read and we wished we had taken a torch.

A notice by the tea and coffee making facilities stated that we could request fresh milk by ringing reception but when we did so the milk was not brought and we had to go and get it ourselves. If we had not been told that fresh milk was availble we would have happily used the cartons of UHT in the room.

The shower did not drain efficiently and we thought that there was a risk that it would flood the bathroom (though in fact it did not).

We had an adequate if expensive meal in the restaurant when we arrived. We did not have breakfast in the hotel (there are several pleasant cafes nearby).

This is a fine hotel but because of some details we cannot recommend it unreservedly.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while spending the weekend in London. Hotel is decorated very well, bar is very nice with a cosy feel about it. Room was lovely and very clean, only downside for me was that i would of liked to have a bath but there was only a shower in this room. Was not a major problem I probably should have asked for one when booking. I had not stayed in this area of London before and was pleasently suprised as it is a very nice area, quiet where hotel is but not far from High Street where you can find lots of bars, cafes, restaurants. Did not eat at Hotel restaurant so cannot comment on there food but I did see other people eating there and food looked really good. Will definately be using this hotel again and would not hesitate to tell others about it.

1  Thank Isobel77