“Stay somewhere else”

Ranked #567 of 862 Specialty Lodging in London
Stockholm, Sweden
“Stay somewhere else”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

First and foremost, I am not picky with hostels. But this hostel was really shabby, dirty, and there was always stop in the toilets. One time, someone had vomited all over the toilet and no one dealt with it for hours. The beds are okey tho and it's a nice neighbourhood close to the subway. But I think the worst part was the uninvolved and unhelpful staff. It seems to be teenagers more interested in smoking cigarettes and hanging around outside the hostel with friends than helping the guests. One exception tho, a really nice woman working the night shifts. Cudos to her.
I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jajjamensan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am travelling every week and have stayed in many hotels, but I think it was one of the best stays. Good location, helpfull staff, nice rooms…
The service was excellent. Nothing was a trouble for the staff. Very good location.
I can recommend

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank Thomas C
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My sister and me stayed 3 nights in this hostel and we don't have a nice memory about it.
we stayed in a 7 beds dorm with 8 people,one had to sleep on the floor with a matress, there were no space at all, no closets and the bed were very uncomfortable! The staff were rude, and one of them in particular (i think he was the manager of this place) were using all the time bad words. I was wondering what are those people are doing in this hostel as it looks a complete mess, and they really don't care about you.
I don't advice anyone to go there!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Blandine b

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This was by far the best stay I had throughout my two month backpacking trip around Europe. We only had to stay one night before heading back home and even that was too much. The staff was rude and not helpful at all. There was a lounge but it was very cramped. Our door to our mixed dorm didn't shut properly let alone lock. The bathrooms are very very tiny, could barely get my bag in with me. Worst beds I slept in the whole time, no wifi at all and they charge to use the computer.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Meg S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I live outside london, and my partner and me when we know we will go to a party in central london, we book a room in a hostel in london.We did 3,4 differents hostels and this one its the worst!! we had a shower in the room but just separated from the bed by a curtain.toilets (which are outside)really bad.For the kitchen dont even think about cook something other there,its very,very bad!Ieverything was old and not clean at all.I'ts really bad

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank bistoufly
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Reviewed December 27, 2011

we thought this place okay but a few days into our stay, a girl found bed bugs. The housekeeper apologized and said he is always fighting them and the manager refused to give a refund. Horrible place, barely clean and never had handsoap in the bathrooms. the only saving grace was the friendly staff but they didnt really know london because they were from out of town.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank aflauber
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Ignore the horror stories - this is a perfectly acceptable hostel, handy for central London on the tube. Reception staff seem a bit chaotic but otherwise reasonably clean and comfortable. Would stay here again to save a few quid.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo