“Friendly, quiet, good food and comfortable beds!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Novotel London Paddington
Ranked #234 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oslo, Norway
“Friendly, quiet, good food and comfortable beds!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my mother and enjoyed a clean, new and quiet room. The location is good since the Heatrow express stops at Paddington station. If your luggage is heavy, I recomend a taxi even if it's a short walk to the hotel. The breakfast was vere good, the staff polite and efficient. We hope to return!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank anneli1234
novotelpaddington, Rooms Division Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear anneli1234, Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. Kind Regards, Paulo Bernini.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

We have not stayed there yet but their phone booking service is fantastic, wanted a Family room with a late check out which they have sorted no problem. I have always booked online for hotels but they made it so easy for me to book a room with all my needs and I think it was quicker then booking online. Can't wait for our family visit to the big city in June

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear TheYoungs1967, Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Paulo Bernini.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed here four four nights whilst working near by and had an executive room on the tenth floor the room was spacious with a large desk (certainty big enough to work from which is always a bonus in London), sofa and decent size bed. The room I had overlooked another office so there was very little to view but then I wasn't their for the views. Even though the hotel is only a stones through from Paddington and a major road there was absolutely no sound from outside which lead to a perfect nights sleep.

As others have commented the toilet is in a separate room from the bath/shower which means you have to move room to wash your hands though its not a significant problem, their is a separate bath and decent pressure shower.

The hotel has a swimming pool which is not common in central London hotels the pool is small though allows you to unwind after a busy day.

Had breakfast every morning which was excellent with a wide variety of food and very friendly service.

Check-in and Checkout where efficient and courteous.

Location is great with lots of pubs and restaurants near by with good transport connections tube and train form Paddington

Only downside was the cost, it certainty wasn't the cheapest stay in London though I did stay during the tube strike and book at quite short notice so thats to be expected.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DearPaul-H8465, Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Paulo Bernini.
Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

It may seem like a small gripe, but the layout of the bathroom and room was too annoying for us to consider staying there again. The bath, shower and sink are crammed into a very small space that you access right next to the bed. But the toilet is in its own room all the way over by the door. It's awesome to have a separate toilet room but there was no sink in there, so each time you used the loo, you had to walk around to the other side to wash your hands. So strange.

The lobby was quite crowded when we arrived at night and when we left in the morning. With only a couple of desks there, the wait to check in or ask a questions was a bit long. I found the service perfectly competent but rather brusque.

The decor is lovely and the sofa bed had a cool function where half could be folded out into a single bed while the rest remained a couch. That was nice. The bed was comfortable. And the location was really interesting near the canal - very fun to walk along there. Being there on a weekend had a rather deserted feel, as I think all the surrounding buildings are offices. There were a few quick service cafes (Pret-type) but they opened late on weekends since the businesspeople weren't there - made it tricky to get coffee.

We stayed there to be near Paddington, as we were coming in from Legoland and leaving on the Heathrow Express a couple days later. But I think in future we would choose to locate ourselves more centrally and deal with cab fare. It was an interesting stay but felt a little removed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear bsawg, Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. Hopefully, I will see you on your next trip! Kind regards, Paulo Bernini
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Quiet, because even though it was close to Paddington station. Yes, I heard the trains, but they were no bothering at all. Loved the surroundings, as it is close to the boat channels. Good food and bars close by, Good service at the reception and I loved the breakfast.

Room Tip: We had a family room whis was absolutely fine. Toilets were extra, not in the bathroom, which had a...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
novotelpaddington, Rooms Division Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
DearJoeLeeRogers, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Paulo Bernini
Darlington UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights travelling with family (wife and children aged 2 and 6 months).

Checked in early (around 11am) and room was available. I am an Accor Platinum and generally have this acknowledged at check-in at other Accor hotels but not here (small point but one worth noting). Also, no mention made of the availability (or otherwise) of room upgrade. Again, I acknowledge that this perk of Platinum is based on availability but generally I am advised as to whether the upgrade is possible or otherwise.

I had requested a cot for our room at point of reservation and followed this up via an email. On check-in, I was advised that the cot was in our room. On entering our room said cot was not present and the sofa bed was extended. On leaving the hotel for the afternoon I mentioned this to a female at reception. I received a curt 'ok' which suggested that this would be rectified but clearly this member of staff didn't think it necessary to engage in pleasantries and was certainly a poor ambassador for this hotel. I was far from impressed with her attitude but believed that she would arrange for a cot to be placed in our room.

On returning to our room later that evening I found that there was no cot present and sofa bed still in situ. I attended reception and explained the situation. The issue was then rectified but I was far from impressed (bearing in mind I had a very grumpy 6 month old who needed sleep at this point!).

Hotel is well located near to Paddington Station. Rooms are small but clean. Air con was ineffective. I've never been a fan of the separate toilet with no sink.

Overall, this is a decent base to stay to explore London with good location near to Paddington Station. Hotel is clean and generally comfortable. My major gripe relates to the staff at this hotel. I travel frequently and I have to say that the attitude of staff can make or break an overall perception of a hotel. The attitude of some of the staff I encountered at this hotel (primarily on reception) was poor. I honestly felt that some of these staff members are not geared up to assist guests but instead they were aloof and made me feel that I was getting in the way of what they were doing (which clearly was far more important than me as a guest).

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank davand638
Dear Davand638, I am really sorry to learn that your stay was not up to expectations, especially in regards to the poor follow up received for such a simple request. I can assure you it has been addressed to the team and I would very much appreciate if you could contact me directly by email on h6455-rd@accor.com. Kind regards, Paulo Bernini.
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

The hotel is just five minutes walk to padding ton train and underground station. We like it location nearby restaurants, supermarket, cafe shops and the nice tunnel. We like the executive room with the espresso machine at the room. The hotel overall was nice and pleasant.

Room Tip: It worth to choose if you want quite hotel near to the padding ton station. Executive room is worth...
1 Thank JustAdnan
Dear JustAdnan,Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Paulo Bernini.