“Nice hotel but spoilt by poor service”

Novotel London Paddington
Ranked #255 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Not to difficult to find, we booked in and were offered an upgrade for £15 which we accepted. The room needed to be made up to a 3 bedroom which we were informed would be done later that afternoon.
Nice room plenty of space. We went out and returned at about 5.30. The room had not been made into a room for 3 people. We had a member of the reception team walk into the room without any notice. Then reception rang twice checking who we were and when we had arrived. House keeping interrupted us getting ready 3 times in half an hour.
When we arrived back late that evening the only evidence of a 3 person room was an extra bed.
Complained to reception as we checked out, they offered the £15 refund but couldn't do it and I would have to trust them because the supervisor was away.
Breakfast was lovely and the staff in there were very good.
Would go back as since this visit the hotel have contacted me and apologised and I am happy that they took note of my complaints. Hopefully my next review will be excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
novotelpaddington, General Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Many thanks for your review.
Again, as mentioned when I contacted you, I am truly sorry for the disruption caused during your stay.

I have discussed this extensively with my team to ensure that this does not happen again.

I am pleased to read that you woudl try us again and I am sure that your next experience with us will be much more pleasant,

Guillaume Rapin

Write a ReviewReviews (2,527)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

What can I say? Comfortable beds, great food, great toiletries, a bathtub AND a shower, good wifi and helpful staff. I wish I could afford this hotel every time I traveled. One comment is that its location is actually tucked a bit far away down a cul de sac from Paddington Station. It's about a ten minute walk to the back end of the station (the Circle Line end). Many hotels are quite a bit closer to the station, if that is your need.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Claudia M

Many thanks for your positive review of the hotel. I am very pleased to read that you enjoy all our facilities and I very much hope you will stay with us again soon,

Reviewed July 1, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We are so pleased we tried this hotel (some other places we've stayed in the same area were extremely disappointing)! The location is behind Paddington station, so just a quick 5 minute walk around the back. This hotel is new, modern, very clean, and solidly built -zero noise from inside the rooms. I slept better here than in my own bed at home and this is unheard of for me, especially while traveling. The staff is very kind, welcoming and totally accommodating. The Elements restaurant in the hotel is also quite a find -fresh foods, organic produce, etc. We had a very delicious dinner there our first night after arriving late. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank TobaniSeattle

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. I am so pleased to read that you had such a great night sleep.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We wanted an hotel in the Paddington area of London so the Novotel seemed perfectly situated for us. After reading other reviews we decided to go for an Executive Room and we were glad we did , the room was fine but not that big with a very small bathroom and toilet.
The breakfast was a bit hectic but it was a Sunday morning and it was very busy, but that apart everything else about the hotel was good and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and the Executive room.
Our Executive rooms are roughly the same size than our Superior but are all located in upper floors and offer extras such as Nespresso Coffee machine or a Bose docking station for your ipod.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again,

Reviewed June 26, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank InmaMadrid_Spain

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Staying at the Novotel Paddington was a delight. The hotel staff was beyond friendly, helpful, and informative. The staff gave us some suggestions on restaurants and local places (trying to avoid the real hard core tourist stuff) that we should see. The hotel was a bit hard to find; however once we (my husband and I) figured out the location of the hotel it seemed like a brilliant location for a hotel. Its a brief walk to Paddington Station; from there the rest of London is easy access.
Our room was large, a surprise in comparison to other European hotel rooms. The room was clean, organized, bed was comfortable, and there was a nice size bath tub to relax in after a long days worth of walking. We did not get a chance to eat in the hotel restaurant however did get the chance to try few drinks; my husband was quite pleased with the selection of beers on tap.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in London. The hotel being in great condition and no complaints; just a simply thank you for a nice comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wolfiep85

Many thanks for your positive review. I was really pleased to read you had such a great time whilst staying with us and that you enjoyed both the hotel itself and also its location.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon,