“Extremely convenient and lovely staff”

Novotel London Paddington
Ranked #252 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 26, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank InmaMadrid_Spain
novotelpaddington, General Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Staying at the Novotel Paddington was a delight. The hotel staff was beyond friendly, helpful, and informative. The staff gave us some suggestions on restaurants and local places (trying to avoid the real hard core tourist stuff) that we should see. The hotel was a bit hard to find; however once we (my husband and I) figured out the location of the hotel it seemed like a brilliant location for a hotel. Its a brief walk to Paddington Station; from there the rest of London is easy access.
Our room was large, a surprise in comparison to other European hotel rooms. The room was clean, organized, bed was comfortable, and there was a nice size bath tub to relax in after a long days worth of walking. We did not get a chance to eat in the hotel restaurant however did get the chance to try few drinks; my husband was quite pleased with the selection of beers on tap.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in London. The hotel being in great condition and no complaints; just a simply thank you for a nice comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wolfiep85

Many thanks for your positive review. I was really pleased to read you had such a great time whilst staying with us and that you enjoyed both the hotel itself and also its location.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Arrived early afternoon and checked in easily. Because the hotel is a fair distance from tourist sites we were interested in, we walked around the area, returned to the hotel for a wonderful supper. I sank into the tub and luxuriated after a long flight.

We stayed 4 nights: comfortable beds, pleasant and quiet rooms, excellent food. While there are interesting eating places nearby and convenience stores, it was a long walk back to the hotel after a long day of sight seeing.

Room Tip: We overlooked the train station tracks and had a view of the sunset and a major motorway, but the r...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane C

Many thanks for your positive review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to read you enjoyed the comfort of the room and in particular enjoyed the bath after your long flight.

There are a few dining options within Paddington central (the area where the hotel is located) and otherwise, there are a number only about 15 to 20 minutes walk away, including some pubs alongside the canal in Little Venice

I hope to welcome you again soon,

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I lost my iphone 5 in the room. I left it in the room after it was being charged and when I came back to the room after being cleaned by house keeping, it was gone and never seen my iphone again. I made a report at the front desk for 3 times and finally they got back to me by email after I checked out saying that they couldn't helped me in finding it. It was a pretty brand new phone and I was so dissapointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Shirley J

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I am aware of your Iphone issue and can assure you that this was taken very seriously.

I have personnnally interviewed the cleaning team who serviced your room and we have also contacted our laundry company in case the phone accidentally slipped in the duvet cover.

I am really sorry to report that there is no indication that this disappearance was caused by a member of our team. The person who serviced your room has been a longstanding member of the hotel team and we have never had any security issue with this person.

I am really sorry that you lost your phone, but you can rest assured that one of my key priorities is the security of our guests and belongings.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Loved every second of it perfect location with the train station only up the road and a set of convenience store a stone throw away and everyone one is so helpful, the breakfasts were amazing so were the dinner menu for that matter and the bar staff were awesome thanks Sarina sorry you had to do so much work though lol :)

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Georgie360

Many thanks for your very positive review, which I have shared with Sorina.
We are all very glad to read you had a brilliant stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

A was impressed by this hotel that although situated in central London was a haven of quiet. At over £100 cheaper than its sister hotel at London Bridge, it was near the underground and central for everything we wanted to do.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TriciaBuckie

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel is located at the opposite end of paddington station and with not much to go on it was at the end of a row of office buildings. I was asked to use chip and pin to verify my card for booking which annoyed me as I never saw any other guest asked to do this nor have I ever been asked to do this. Usually a swipe of a card but not proof like that which actually charged me ... Breakfast was nice and rooms were comfy and quiet.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank seanthain

Many thanks for your positive review about the hotel.
We are located at the end of Paddington Central, which serves well Paddington station and also has easy access to Little Venice.

With regards to your comment on chip and pin, if your room is prepaid, we would ask to check the card again as per our terms and conditions, otherwise, if you bought a prepaid rate, we would need to take a guarantee on your card, hence the need for the PIN number.

I hope to welcome you again soon,